Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Aussie Battler's Port Reviews of Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington, Napier, Tauranga, Auckland

Oosterdam cruise in December 2012
Member Name: Aussie Battler
Cruise Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Member Review: Aussie Battler's Oosterdam Review
Dunedin
Port Rating: Not Rated
The scenery is breathtaking. We saw many seals and penguins and were happy to know that some of the money for this tour was helping the conservation of the penguin. Our young naturalist guide was friendly, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. We also got a pretty extensive bus tour of Dunedin on the way back. Our only complaint was that our bus driver was a bit humourless.

More Dunedin Reviews Dunedin Port Profile Dunedin Forum
Christchurch
Akaroa Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We did the Banks Peninsula Sheep farm tour.

This certainly had a "family feel" to it that was nice. Again the scenery was beautiful and the sheep and dog displays were interesting. My only criticism was that Murray talked for a long time about the history and I would have preferred more "animal" time. Just personnel preference I guess.

More Christchurch Reviews Christchurch Port Profile Christchurch Forum
Wellington
Port Rating: Not Rated
We decided to walk around Wellington and it was really easy. It is only a about a 15 minute walk to the Tramway Car which goes to the top of the beautiful Botanic Gardens or you can walk the same distance along the waterfront and see Te Papa.

More Wellington Reviews Wellington Port Profile Wellington Forum
Napier
Port Rating: Not Rated
Our stay in Napier was not long" arrived at 7.00 am with a 2.00 pm departure but that didn't stop me playing 18 holes at Cape Kidnappers.

The staff there were great and organised transfers for me from the ship to the course and back again. My wife and kids came along and that was no problem either. The course was every bit as good as the website suggests.

More Napier Reviews Napier Port Profile Napier Forum
Tauranga
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We took a shore excursion here booked through HAL.

It was the Waimarino Glow worm kayaking tour.

We loved the tour but the kayaking was quite strenuous although not technically difficult. We entered the glow worm caves briefly, before going to the hot pools. There were a series of small "swimming pools" ranging in temperatures.

We stayed an hour here for lunch and a re-charge before paddling back.

Our guides were fun and I recommend this tour.

More Tauranga Reviews Tauranga Port Profile Tauranga Forum
Auckland
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Auckland is a beautiful harbour city and as such I would recommend a harbour based tour. We took a ferry across to Devenport which is a beautiful little township. We walked up the top of a hill (about a 25 minute walk) and got a sensational view of the surrounds.

More Auckland Reviews Auckland Port Profile Auckland Forum