Member Reviews

Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: mikeyd's Norwegian Sky Review
Great Stirrup Cay
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Boy did we luck out!! It seemed like the past few cruises for this ship had to cancel this stop due to high winds. We woke up early to discover pretty flat seas and were excited. We rented the cabana and make the somewhat long walk to get there. The cabana itself was really nice. It does have AC power so if you have an ipod or small boombox you can plug it in. You may need a double outlet plug adapter since I only think there was one outlet and the fridge was using it. It offered a great view of the beach and protection from the sun. This would be perfect and invaluable for hot summer days since it has a ceiling fan and shade. It was only 82 this day and not totally necessary.

I brought my own snorkel gear and was required to rent a vest for $4.99 ( I was stopped by the life guards w/o the vest). The snorkel gear is $30 to rent!!!! Please bring your own, higher quality gear. My nephew needed to rent the gear so I saw it was bottom quality stuff. Anyhow, I snorkeled to the far left side of the beach area directly in front of the cabanas and was blown away at the quantity of the fish. It was EXCEPTIONAL!!! The further to the left you go, the better it got. My nephew and I did the snorkel trail on our own in front of the main beach and were not impressed. The sunken anchor and treasure chest were covered with silt and there were very few fish to be seen. The water for us northerner's was very tolerable. I just jumped in right off the bat and the water was perfectly fine.

The biggest downside to the cabanas was the service. This was touched on in other threads, but it was pretty darn bad. I am not sure if the servers don't make as much $$ on tips or something, but we had to walk over to the head waiter guy dressed in the white officer looking uniform to have someone come take out order. I overheard another group mention their servers even brought them their lunch. This was not the case for us, we had to get our own. Not a biggie. Speaking of lunch it was FANTASTIC! It was not just BBQ food with a potato salad on the side it was a great meal, the food was hot and fresh with lots of fresh fruit and all sorts of stuff. GSC was the highlight of our cruise.

More Great Stirrup Cay Reviews Great Stirrup Cay Port Profile Great Stirrup Cay Forum
Nassau
Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We have been to Nassau a bunch of times in the past and were unsure what we wanted to do. When we docked in Nassau it was very windy (20-25 knots) and we wanted to do a beach day.

We knew from previous visits that Blue Lagoon was well protected and opted for that. It was very nice and, as we hoped, protected from the winds. It was also pretty dead, but I'm not complaining. The food was decent and the lagoon was okay for swimming. Very shallow. We walked over to the sea lion and dolphin area and really enjoyed watching them play around. It was between shows and there was no one around. They do have an awesome inflatable toy area with slides and an obstacle course too. It was extra $$ but looked really cool.

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum