Member Reviews

Destination: Hawaii
Member Review: NoHUB's Sapphire Princess Review
Hilo
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
While here with Ricky's Tours we saw Thurston Lava Tube, Steam Vents, Jaggar Museum, Halemaumau Crater/Kilauea Caldera, 1982 lava flow, Keanakakoi Crater, Kilauea Caldera. Ricky was very helpul even suggesting that we take photos of items when we first arrived in case the clouds moved in while we were inside the visitor center. The clouds did move in and if we had waited we would have missed the photos we had taken at his suggestion. He adjusted his tour to make the best use of the existing weather and once again his local knowledge paid off by making it possible to see things either before the clouds had moved in or after they had lifted. Thanks again Ricky.

Ricky is very knowledgeable of the local area and history, he adjusted his tour schedule to make sure we arrived at places before the cruise ship bus tours did so we could avoid the big crouds. He even added a stop to at the local Walmart at the request of all the tour guests. He knew that a couple of Sea Turtles would be at Richardson Park and I got some great photos of them. He was very friendly and at $60. per person his tour is a great value as well as a fun day.

HILO WATERFALL TOUR

- Thurston Lava Tube

More Hilo Reviews Hilo Port Profile Hilo Forum
Honolulu
Polynesian Cultural Center Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
A wonderful way to experience the culture of the islands. We were picked up and dropped off in front of the Cruise Ship and the ride to the PCC was full of fun information about the Island and it history. We really enjoyed the PCC the only complaint I have is about the traditional Luau meal. I was dissappointed with the food, and the seating arrangments, they had us lined up at banquet tables. It felt like I was attending a church sponsered "pot-liuck dinner", but at over $50. per person, I would have expected better seating arrangments that would allow all guests to see the stage and the performers without having to turn around from their dinner table. I had a very big camera with a large zoom lens, but I was seated behind a large pole making it impossible to get any photos of the performers, these were the seats that we were given after my wife requested better seats becasue the first seats we were given had the stage at our backs, to get any pictures, I would have to had turned around from the table just to see the stage. They even ran out of plates for desert and I had to wait in three or four lines to finally get a plate, by then all the deserts were gone because people with plates had taken four or five different deserts each.

The show "HA, The Breath of Life" was very good, and I would be happy to see it again.

I am glad I went to the PCC and saw the different villiages, but if I return again I will not bother to see them again. One time is enough. The only reason I would return to see the entire park would be to take my children or grandchildren, if I come back by myslelf, I would not bother to see the villiages a second time and I would only return for the show HA.

More Honolulu Reviews Honolulu Port Profile Honolulu Forum
Kauai
Port Rating: Not Rated
We just went shopping and spent time on the beach and in the ocean swimming behind the shopping center.

More Kauai Reviews Kauai Port Profile Kauai Forum
Maui
Port Rating: Not Rated
We did some shopping in the local maket under teh banyon tree and then took a taxi to the beach where we spent the day swimming in the ocean and relaxing on the beach.

More Maui Reviews Maui Port Profile Maui Forum