Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Rosethorn40's Port Reviews of Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios

Rosethorn40's Port Reviews of Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios
Carnival Freedom cruise in December 2012
Member Name: Rosethorn40
Cruise Date: December 2012
Member Review: Rosethorn40's Carnival Freedom Review
Key West
Speedboat Tour Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
My husband loved it, but I was always afraid of flipping over. Thrill seekers should love it. The weather was beautiful, but the water a little choppy as we headed out about 9 miles into the Gulf of Mexico. After a quick stop on a sand bar where you can get out and swim if you wish, it was on to a mangrove forest/bird sanctuary where we had to go rather slow, and then it was full throttle back to the marina. Going back the water was calmer and gave us a much smoother ride.

More Key West Reviews Key West Port Profile Key West Forum
Grand Cayman
Turtle Farm Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Rather tame, so thrill seekers will be bored. However, very informative, and there are activities at the facilities such as snorkeling in a man-made lagoon, and a very pretty fresh water pool to swim in, so I feel it's a good choice for families or larger groups traveling together as most should find something to occupy their time. Keep in mind that Grand Cayman is a tender port if mobility is an issue.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Ocho Rios
River Tubing Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Jamaica was my favorite stop, and the one we had the least amount of time in. Here we went River Tubing. Loads of fun, but if you are afraid of water I wouldn't suggest it. The last rapid there is a 50/50 chance you will end up in the water and it's scary if you do. I flipped my tube, went under, swallowed about half the river, but the guides were right there to pull me out. My little heart was going about 100 beats per second, but I would do it again, and I HATE having my head below water. However, there were at least two others in the party that went into hysterics, and a little boy that got scraped up and was crying hysterically. There was a group of 6 that were aged late 60's to 88, who were just fine, and were doing this tour for the umpteenth time. I would highly recommend it, but know you're and your group's limits if traveling with the very young, or those afraid of the water.

More Ocho Rios Reviews Ocho Rios Port Profile Ocho Rios Forum