Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > reggieru's Port Reviews of Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta

reggieru's Port Reviews of Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Member Review: reggieru's Carnival Splendor Review
Cabo San Lucas
Port Rating: Not Rated
Day one: took a excursion with Carnival to Pelican Rock, snorkeling, Lover's Beach. Many ways to get there and probably less expensive, but this trip was okay. Good guide and had fun.

When you get back to the marina and taken to the photo area, the hot tip is to get pictures with parrots which are fairly well hidden. I paid them $5 and my wife was able to hold them and put a sunflower seed in her mouth only to have a parrot take it gently and give her a high five.

Day2: Went on a 2 level party boat to snorkel at a spot about 1 hour away. Fun trip with music and drinks. Had an experience that I will never forget. Snorkeling was divided into 2 groups: first group with adults and 2nd group with kids. One of the staff was in a kayak and continued to feed the fish. If you followed the kayak, you saw lots of fish. The water was calm and no problems. THEN, all of a sudden, the water changed radically. Like a washing machine and rough. The boat's anchor came loose and the staff said to not come to the boat. So we treaded water for 20 minutes after snorkeling for 30 min. The boat was not able to have the anchor set. So they said to swim to shore. So we swam to shore and after 20 minutes they said to swim out to the boat. Waves knocked people down on the shore, some had no fins, the water was dangerous, and some were in difficulty, to say the least. NO LIFEGUARDS. Every man for themselves. I was like saying to my wife, let's swim for our lives. All had life vests or otherwise the news would have been reporting drownings for sure. I am a fairly strong swimmer, so I pushed 2 females without fins to the boat, about 120 yards out. There were 2 other who I had noticed on the beach who were really scared. One guy really couldn't swim well. I looked for him and he was in trouble. I dove back in and got him to the boat. Bottom line: Nature is a force to reckon with. Party boat had no rescue ropes or ??? Cruise ship had to reposition for tender boats. Be VERY CAREFUL if not a strong swimmer.

More Cabo San Lucas Reviews Cabo San Lucas Port Profile Cabo San Lucas Forum
Puerto Vallarta
Sierra Madre Eco Safari Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Great excursion which included a first class tour guide. Sandra is a double major with Biology and Communication. She was wonderful and if you had questions, she had answers. This trip gave us a great insight to life away from the city, we saw a small town, their town center and church, had a fantastic lunch oat a ranch, visited a tequilla factory, botanical garden, cheese factory, and saw things that you just wouldn't see or experience in the city. No shopping. Just a wonderful excursion and a learning experience.

More Puerto Vallarta Reviews Puerto Vallarta Port Profile Puerto Vallarta Forum