Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Kensington74's Port Reviews of Marseille, Palma de Mallorca, Seville (Cadiz), Tenerife

Grandeur of the Seas cruise in November 2012
Member Name: Kensington74
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Transatlantic
Member Review: Kensington74's Grandeur of the Seas Review
Marseille
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We actually docked in Toulon, but Marseille was the only option on the list. They are quite close to each other, but Marseille may be a bit more scenic. It was fun to go to the market in Toulon and wander around the old town. There weren't a lot of other things to do if you didn't get out to one of the surrounding towns though. There is a huge marina there, so if you are into boats, you should really like this city. I wouldn't be in a hurry to get back to this port and would probably book some type of excursion if I did have an itinerary that included Toulon.

More Marseille Reviews Marseille Port Profile Marseille Forum
Palma de Mallorca
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Once again, we simply explored the city and enjoyed being able to walk a lot and feel quite safe. There is a beautiful, huge cathedral that you can see from far away. It was fun to see that even though we didn't get to go inside it. We actually got to walk in the water at a beach near the cathedral. We also loved the cafe that was right on the beach. We stayed later at this port, so we had the opportunity to see much of the city at night which was also quite a treat. I would like more opportunity to explore this city, so I would definitely go back there if I found another ship that included this city in it's schedule of ports.
More Palma de Mallorca Reviews Palma de Mallorca Port Profile Palma de Mallorca Forum
Seville (Cadiz)
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Cadiz is the actual port for Seville. It is a beautiful city that is fun to simply explore on your own. We found a wonderful seaside cafe where we could check Internet and watch the surfers! I heard from other passengers that Seville is very beautiful, too. I think it is pretty easy to take a train on your own which is much less expensive than taking an excursion through the cruise line. If I were to go back there, I think that is what I would do. Cadiz is beautiful, but I would probably go into Seville on my next visit.

More Seville (Cadiz) Reviews Seville (Cadiz) Port Profile Seville (Cadiz) Forum
Tenerife
City Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
This is the only port where we took an excursion through the cruise line, and we were very glad that we did that. You have to take a shuttle from the ship into the city because it isn't very easy to walk from the ship. We didn't think there was much to the city either. It was somewhat difficult to even find the City Center. Needless to say, we weren't that impressed with the city. We did, however, really enjoy our excursion. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and we appreciated getting to see more of the island. It was very beautiful and we especially liked the black sand beaches and panoramic views of the rocky coastline. I would definitely take another tour if I were return to this island.

More Tenerife Reviews Tenerife Port Profile Tenerife Forum