Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Leap'n Tree Frog Traveler's Port Reviews of Miami,, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Belize City, Roatan

Costa Mediterranea cruise in December 2012
Member Name: Leap'n Tree Frog Traveler
Cruise Date: December 2012
Member Review: Leap'n Tree Frog Traveler's Costa Mediterranea Review
Miami
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
Before we got on the ship we had a wheelchair tip over in front of a crew member, they NEVER offered to help. Costa Med. would not let us off the ship to report a grievance for 5 hrs. We were basically held hostage on the ship. I was under the impression you could get off at any port when ever you want. Costa Med's security would not let me leave.

More Miami Reviews Miami Port Profile Miami Forum
Ocho Rios
River Rafting Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Costa Med. did'nt even know this excursion existed. You call yourselves excursion expert, Your a Joke!

I beleive this is one of the BEST (Top 4) excursions in the Caribbean. Imagine a slow river 2mile/hr. gondola ride on a 30 foot bamboo by 4 ft wide raft with a soft padded chair on back and a Bob Marley singing eco-minded captain of the front of the raft guiding you along a tree/flower covered 1-3 ft deep river. This was the ONLY reason we took this cruise. My father wanted to do this on his 85 birthday... and we DID IT! without the cruiseships help. We had a BLAST! 2nd time doing it. If you are on a honeymoon, you have got to do this, with wine, grapes etc. Very Romantic and NOT crowded. Only two other people on the river. All the people that went to Ocho Rios (Thousands) saw crowds just like on the ship. Shame on the cruise for not finding original and uncrowded exotic things for travelers to do. Like I said the Costa MED is as IGNORENT as they are RUDE! Ow did I mention "They Sunk A Ship"

More Ocho Rios Reviews Ocho Rios Port Profile Ocho Rios Forum
Grand Cayman
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
TENDERS! TENDERS! TENDERS! I was traveling with a handicapped person and our ship, the Costa Med. does NOT know to help Handicapped people onto/or off of tenders very well.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
TENDERS! TENDERS! TENDERS! Our ship charged port taxes that we had to pay, even when we parked the ship 45 minute by tender to dock, (in my opinion they owe us back some port charges) I was traveling with a handicapped person and our ship, the Costa Med. does NOT know to help Handicapped people onto/or off of tenders very well. We stayed on the ship and packed because we were planning to fly home at the next port, because we had had enough of this terrible (Costa Med) ship. Ow did I mention "They Sunk A Ship".

More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Roatan
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Again we went on an excursion the cruise ship did not know about. NO CROWDS, lots of Animals, Birds, Reptiles, Great Beach and Great food. These cruise ships need to do their homework on excursions because we know the BEST places to go and they don't.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum