Member Reviews

Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: SailorMom37's Carnival Fascination Review
Key West
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We chose to walk around Key West by ourselves. It was sprinkling all morning, but nothing that stopped us from enjoying ourselves. We went to the Mel Fischer Treasure Museum - great place to spend some time. We tasted hot sauces at Peppers of Key West - I highly recommend stopping there. The Hot Sauce #1 is fantastic. We also went to Kermit's Key West Key Lime shop.... yum! Definitely get some of their fudge. The Southernmost point is a nice walk past the Hemingway and Audobon Houses. Lastly, we walked through Mallory Square and stopped at the Conch Shack on Duval and ate Cracked Conch.... delicious and in my opinion, better than conch fritters.

Being there from 8:00am to 2:00pm is fine for what we were doing, but an evening stop would have been much nicer. The town is rather sleepy during the day, and most of the action in Key West is after sunset.

More Key West Reviews Key West Port Profile Key West Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
I only gave Nassau a two, but that probably isn't very fair of me. We only spent about two hours on shore. The rain was horrendous. My "2" rating comes from the fact that unless you take a shore excursion, or plan an excursion on your own, there isn't a whole lot to do there for people who are active. We did go to the Straw Market, and visited the Pirates of Nassau Museum (I felt it was rather neat and worth the money and time). After that, we went back on board to eat lunch. by the time we wanted to head back out to visit the Queen's Staircase and Fort Fincastle, the heavens had opened up again.

I think if we had planned a snorkeling excursion, or spent a fortune on Atlantis, we would have enjoyed the port more, but as it was - we enjoyed playing cards and board games in the ships library instead!

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum