Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > C Cruise Dude's Port Reviews of Princess Cays, Curacao, Aruba

C Cruise Dude's Port Reviews of Princess Cays, Curacao, Aruba
Caribbean Princess cruise in November 2012
Member Name: C Cruise Dude
Cruise Date: November 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: C Cruise Dude's Caribbean Princess Review
Princess Cays
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
The private island was one of the best that I have been to. Princess used the life boats as tenders. You picked up a ticket and waited for your number to be called leave the ship. The transfer to the island was quick and efficient. Actually, Princess gets kudos from me because they used this disembarkation at every port. You picked up the ticket and prepared any last minutes activities until your number was called. No crowed stairs with people herding to get off the ship. The island was nice for me because they had more pavements, sand is nice but it is hard to walk on. The water was cold when it hit you (it is November) but warm when you submerged. The food area was great with a good variety to choose from including ribs. The eating area was not crowded. The only drawback to the island was the hard sand as you entered the water. You almost needed Crocs on it was so hard. I have experienced this at other private islands and the Cruise Director did warn people before getting off the ship. The shop was another thing. The same items that could be purchased in the ships store, the water proof case with Princess written on it was $3 in the ship's store and $13 on the island. Other than that, it was a great port.

More Princess Cays Reviews Princess Cays Port Profile Princess Cays Forum
Curacao
Port Rating: Not Rated
We arrived in Curacao two hours late and with debarkation it was later getting ashore. My Princess scheduled excursion, like most, was cancelled. I met a woman (Carla) outside the port who offered a two hour tour for $25. About 8 to 12 of us took the tour in an air conditioned mini van. We traveled around the island and made a few stops at a distillery and store. The two hours actually became closer to three. It was well worth the money.
More Curacao Reviews Curacao Port Profile Curacao Forum
Aruba
Scuba - Certified Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
I took a two tank dive at this port. We met in a building outside the ship. The building had venders inside where I purchased a few gifts. The boats for Red Sail Sports met us in the water across from the ship and took us to two dive sites. They ended the tour by stopping at a beach. You had the option of staying at the beach and finding your way back to the ship or take the provided transportation by van to the ship. I returned to the ship, took a shower and returned to an area adjacent to the port. I spent a little time in a casino that paid better than the ship. They accepted US dollars.

More Aruba Reviews Aruba Port Profile Aruba Forum