Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > lah830's Port Reviews of San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas

lah830's Port Reviews of San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas
Norwegian Gem cruise in November 2012
Member Name: lah830
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Member Review: lah830's Norwegian Gem Review
San Juan
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We arrived at 3 PM. This is a negative since the town closes early. We got off the cruise and were offered a bus tour of old/New San Juan for $20. The tour was a mini bus which was clean and air conditioned. Our driver was wonderful. We stopped several times for photos, drink, or bathroom breaks. The tour was around three hours. I highly recommend this. Worth every dime.

More San Juan Reviews San Juan Port Profile San Juan Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Again we did not book an excursion and were happy we did not. At the port we took a van to the French side to Orient Beach. We paid $6 each one way. It was a short trip and not scenic. We drove through poor towns with such poverty. The beach is beautiful The water was fabulous. When we left the beach the driver wanted $7 to return. When I said we were told $6, the man said "go find that guy then" We walked away. Hw then offered us $6.
More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
St. Thomas
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
I have been to St Thomas many times. I have never been a fan. I just walked around the pier area.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum