Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > matt151617's Port Reviews of San Juan, St. Maarten, St. John (U.S.V.I.)

matt151617's Port Reviews of San Juan, St. Maarten, St. John (U.S.V.I.)
Norwegian Gem cruise in November 2012
Member Name: matt151617
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Member Review: matt151617's Norwegian Gem Review
San Juan
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Nice port but we didn't have enough time to do much. Ship docked a bit early and we were off at 3pm, but last call was 8:30pm, plus it got dark pretty early. We went to one of the forts, walked around a bit, and did a little shopping, but really didn't get to see much of Puerto Rico.

More San Juan Reviews San Juan Port Profile San Juan Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Beautiful place. Lots of shops with tons of stuff to buy, including excellent chocolates and cheap alcohol. We bought water taxi tickets. The locals were very persistent in trying to sell us chairs, jet ski rides, massages, etc, and it was constant. We went to the far end of the beach away from the busy sections. The water was a little choppy due to the constant back and forth jet skis, and it wasn't clear at all, so no snorkeling.
More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
St. John (U.S.V.I.)
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Best place we went. Took a cab to the opposite side of the island. The beaches there were extremely busy and they packed way too many people on them. However, the water was crystal clear and fantastic snorkeling. Tons to see. The traffic is totally insane. The best part of our trip was the cab ride back, the driver was nuts, yelling at other people and driving really fast. Although scared, we were laughing very hard.

More St. John (U.S.V.I.) Reviews St. John (U.S.V.I.) Port Profile St. John (U.S.V.I.) Forum