Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > ingreece's Port Reviews of Naples, Santorini, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Athens (Piraeus)

Crown Princess cruise in November 2012
Member Name: ingreece
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Member Review: ingreece's Crown Princess Review
Naples
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Naples is edgy and lively. Be careful but enjoy it. Walked to the National Arch. museum (which I have been to numerous times) and enjoyed the treasures from Pompeii and many gorgeous statues. It is a must see in Naples.

The street scene is a lot of fun too and enjoyed some pizza while people watching. DON'T fall for the cheap ipod or iPads being sold near the port. (Not that I did) but just warning you. Be leery of prices that are too good to be true because they will give you a box with a piece of wood in it or something like that.

More Naples Reviews Naples Port Profile Naples Forum
Santorini
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
There is a reason that Santorini is on so many of the brochures for cruises. It is so gorgeous and unique. We rented a car for the day and went to Akrotiri for a look at the ruins then to the black sand beach near the airport and then off to Oia for lunch and to take photos. Fantastic day, barely any tourists and loved the donkey rides up and down the caldera. It is a safe place, the prices are higher than other places in Greece but I think it is worth it. I have been to 10 Greek islands and this is my favorite!
More Santorini Reviews Santorini Port Profile Santorini Forum
Kusadasi
Ephesus Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
This was my forth time to Kusadasi. I love Ephesus so much and this time I got to see the Terrace Houses. Ephesus Shuttle was excellent and they didn't force us to shop at a carpet store which made me happy.

The vendors around Ephesus are obnoxious and I had to tell one guy to leave me alone because he kept saying he was Brad Bitt and I was Angela Jolie. Ick! Be firm and bargain hard if you want to shop in Turkey, especially for carpets. They love people who have no idea how to bargain. Get some idea online and get them down at least 70 percent or you're getting ripped off.

Temple of Artemis Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
This is kind of a funny place because there is only one column left but you can see the Christian church and a mosque in the background. It was pretty but you only need about 5 min. here.

Terrace Houses Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Very interesting because of the gorgeous wall decorations. Were rushed through by another tour group behind us and didn't like that. Worth seeing.

More Kusadasi Reviews Kusadasi Port Profile Kusadasi Forum
Mykonos
Island of Delos Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
I loved Delos very much and the guide was knowledgable however I was really sad that we did not get to go inside the museum on the island because it was closed.

Fantastic place and you should see it sometime. Delos was a very sacred place to the Ancient Greeks and was once a great city.

More Mykonos Reviews Mykonos Port Profile Mykonos Forum
Athens (Piraeus)
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
What can I say about Athens? I love this city! I have lived here for four years and it is a fantastic place full of history, culture and wonderful people. Be careful of your personal safety and enjoy the top sites such as the Acropolis, National Arch. museum and Plaka.

Shop, shop, shop because the Greek economy is in ruins. Please come and help out the Greeks. They will be so grateful.

More Athens (Piraeus) Reviews Athens (Piraeus) Port Profile Athens (Piraeus) Forum