Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > worldtraveler588's Port Reviews of Kusadasi, Athens (Piraeus), Malta (Valletta), Sorrento, Florence (Livorno), Barcelona

Celebrity Reflection cruise in November 2012
Member Name: worldtraveler588
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Member Review: worldtraveler588's Celebrity Reflection Review
Kusadasi
Celsus Library Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Great site, poor tour and so-so guide. Guide's english was weak and did not give much information about the library.

Ephesus Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Great site, poor tour, so-so local guide

More Kusadasi Reviews Kusadasi Port Profile Kusadasi Forum
Athens (Piraeus)
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
I had been to Athens several times before. I had booked transportation from the port into Athens through Celebrity but they cancelled it. Instead, I walked to the rail station and took a train for 0.70 Euros each way at the senior rate. I spent the day browsing through the Plaka and eating at a sidewalk cafe. I also went into the Agora since I hadn't been there for a while. I avoided the Acropolis, but it's a must-see if you haven't.
More Athens (Piraeus) Reviews Athens (Piraeus) Port Profile Athens (Piraeus) Forum
Malta (Valletta)
Port Rating: Not Rated
Valetta is a pretty little city.

More Malta (Valletta) Reviews Malta (Valletta) Port Profile Malta (Valletta) Forum
Sorrento
Amalfi Coast Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
The drive along the Amalfi Coast is beautiful and hair-raising. Leave the driving to them. The city of Amalfi is picturesque, Sorrento less so but pretty.

More Sorrento Reviews Sorrento Port Profile Sorrento Forum
Florence (Livorno)
Florence Walking Tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
How can you say enough about Florence? You need to spend at least a week there (I have). On previous visits I never felt like standing in line for the Ufizzi Museum, but being November there was no line this time. Unfortunately I didn't discover that until I had only 1 1/2 hours left, not nearly enough.

Pisa Walking Tour Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
I had never been to Pisa before, and there are a lot of photo-ops there, but otherwise not very notable.

More Florence (Livorno) Reviews Florence (Livorno) Port Profile Florence (Livorno) Forum
Barcelona
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Nice city. I had been there on an excursion previously, and walked around a little on my own this time. This city deserves several days, and I will do that in the future

More Barcelona Reviews Barcelona Port Profile Barcelona Forum
Palma de Mallorca
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Small city, beautiful cathedral.

More Palma de Mallorca Reviews Palma de Mallorca Port Profile Palma de Mallorca Forum
Grenada
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Took an excursion to Alhambra from Malaga. This is a must-see. I was lucky to be there in November so it was only moderately crowded. You must have a time reservation to get in, so make sure you book a good tour. Find one that spends at least 2 1/2 to 3 hours there. Ours didn't, unless you count the included lunch at a nearby hotel.

More Grenada Reviews Grenada Port Profile Grenada Forum