Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > CanWeGoYet?'s Port Reviews of Catalina Island (California), Ensenada

CanWeGoYet?'s Port Reviews of Catalina Island (California), Ensenada
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Member Review: CanWeGoYet?'s Carnival Inspiration Review
Catalina Island (California)
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We took the general tour of the Casino, which as the tour guide explained to us was named not for being a gambling place, but in the original Italian meaning of the word - gathering place.

It was a good tour, got to see the ballroom & get some good history of this theater. Also went our on the large balcony.

We walked around in the town, saw many heading off on rented golf carts. We would have liked to walk up to The Wrigley place & see the Botanical Gardens but not sure if it would have been cutting it too close for time.

There is a grocery store in town where we bought some more bottled water & you could stock up on other supplies that would cost an arm & a leg on board the ship.

If you tender off at a decent time there were many stands selling tours right on the tender dock, including some for Carnival!

More Catalina Island (California) Reviews Catalina Island (California) Port Profile Catalina Island (California) Forum
Ensenada
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
We just walked off the ship into town, and both days I ported here I went to Massage and Facial Care spa. It is a very good, legitimate spa for massage and general skin care, although no manicures or pedicures. I get massage in town about monthly, have for decades in Seattle & got one of the best massages of my life here. I was concerned the tiny female masseuse would not be able to deliver deep tissue as I am accustomed to it, but this was a power house massage. She got my elbows together in the back, I have not been stretched out this good in years!

All for a very reasonable price.

I would recommend the massage whole heartedly, got a facial & the fancy footwork on my 2nd port day back. The Facial was alright, nothing exceptional for quality, and I was not impressed by the Fancy Footwork. It did not seem to be reflexology to me, more just a general foot & leg massage that I get during a pedicure. It went on for longer than during a pedicure granted, but I think I would have been happier booking another massage. The price for the massage was a great deal, quite a bit more expensive for the facial & foot treatment.

More Ensenada Reviews Ensenada Port Profile Ensenada Forum