Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > JoAnn&Mike's Port Reviews of Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios

JoAnn&Mike's Port Reviews of Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios
Carnival Freedom cruise in November 2012
Member Name: JoAnn&Mike
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: other
Member Review: JoAnn&Mike's Carnival Freedom Review
Key West
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We really didn't do much here. On a previous visit we had taken the Conch Train Tour and really enjoyed it. We leaned much about the history of Key West and found the tour to be very informative.

This time we were with a group which made it difficult to just go off on our own. On our next visit we would like to tour Hemingway's house and The Little White House. This is something you might find interesting.

More Key West Reviews Key West Port Profile Key West Forum
Grand Cayman
Snorkeling Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We did Captain Marvin's 2 stop tour...Stingray City and snorkeling. I highly recommend Captain Marvin for your tours. Very professional, friendly, and so helpful!! https://www.captainmarvins.com/

The snorkeling was the second stop of the 2 stop tour. The stingray city was first (review below).

The area we were brought to for snorkeling was amazing....thousands of fish...so colorful...coral. Just beautiful!!!! Can't wait to get my pictures developed!! I noticed a couple of the staff were helping people snorkel. I'm not real sure that this was part of the tour...snorkeling lessons...but the were so willing to help anyone that wanted to learn.

You definitely won't be disappointed if you make your tour reservations with Captain Marvin.

Stingray Swim Rating: 5+ out of 5+

If you do not do Stingray City in the Grand Cayman you will miss an experience of a lifetime!!! This is the most exciting thing I have ever done!!!! The stingray is absolutely beautiful...a stunning swimmer!!!! We were able to hold one, kiss one, pet them, feed them, and just be there in the same water with them!!! They are huge!! They also took pictures of each person as they held the rays and you had the option of buying your photos on a CD on the way back. So bring some extra cash...you will definitely want your pictures!!!

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Ocho Rios
Dunn's River Falls Rating: Not Rated
My husband is 64 and I am 60 and we made it up the Dunn's River Falls!!! Now we came home with a few reminders of our climb...lol. Scrapes, bruises, one small cut, and sore the next day... Lol. We had a blast!!!! Took us a little over an hour but we did it!!! They should give you a little button to wear...something like. "I DID IT!!"

If you've not climbed the falls I strongly suggest you at least try!! There are many "exits" along the way. You can get out at any time you feel you can't continue or just don't want to continue.

Now the only thing I actually wished we had as we climbed was a guide. Mark Morris will take you to the falls and your tour $ includes the cost of the falls...but not with a guide. Having a guide to tell you the best rocks to step on, or if its better to go to the left or right side would have made it a little easier. But, not having one, we can actually say .... We climbed the falls!!!

It was a lot of fun!!

Island Tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
http://www.markstours.com/. Mark Morris is who we booked our island tour with and were definitely not disappointed!! Mark is unbelievably knowledgeable and very articulate!!! He's even very knowledgeable about the history of the US and how it compares to Jamaica.

You would not be disappointed if you booked your tours with Mark Morris!!

It is rather hard to shop in Jamaica. The economy is so bad there the people are so desperate to sell you anything. They seemed to have calmed down quite a bit and will actually say things like "Come over here...I won't be pushy" , so they know what the reputation of Jamaica is. My heart goes out to them, but I just did not feel like I could stop and just take my time and look....so I ended up not getting anything. :(. Now Mark Morris will actually go I the shops with you so we never felt like we were in danger...but just not a relaxed atmosphere.

More Ocho Rios Reviews Ocho Rios Port Profile Ocho Rios Forum