Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Mel1017's Port Reviews of Costa Maya, Belize City, Roatan, Cozumel

Mel1017's Port Reviews of Costa Maya, Belize City, Roatan, Cozumel
Norwegian Star cruise in November 2012
Member Name: Mel1017
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans
Member Review: Mel1017's Norwegian Star Review
Costa Maya
Port Rating: Not Rated
Visited Maya Chan for the first time just one week ago. Of the week-long Norwegian cruise, this was by far the best place we visited. The beach and establishment are very clean, the food was better then anything we ate on the ship, the drinks kept flowing, and the second you meet the owners you feel like you've known them forever. I chose to sit in a beach chair for hours while my husband and teenage son kayaked, snorkeled, and got massages. It's the best of both worlds at Maya Chan - you will not be disappointed!

More Costa Maya Reviews Costa Maya Port Profile Costa Maya Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Scary in the city - get out of the city and head to the mountains. We did cave tubing (not booked through the cruise line) and it was alot of fine and beautiful. But Belize City itself does not have anything to offer - it's unsafe and the guides will tell you this. But seeing the armed guards with the huge assault rifles at the drug check points will convince you too.
More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Roatan
Port Rating: Not Rated
Beautiful place - my son scuba dived (through the ship) and loved it. My husband fished (not booked through the ship - Victor Bodden tours) and he had a blast, even though they didn't catch the "big one". I just walked around and shopped and felt completely safe - even after I ventured through the "white gates" into the unprotected areas of the port. Lots of the family went snorkeling and then to a beach (booked through the cruise line) and they said the snorkeling was beautiful and the beach was a blast.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Cozumel
Port Rating: Not Rated
Third time at Cozumel - it's just so touristy. We counted 7 cruise ships there that day - need I say more? If I have to port there again I will definitely do some type of excursion just to get out of the hectic city and actually see a beach, as I have yet to see one, but I hear they do exist. It's just not a short walk away.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum