Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > CMarin1975's Port Reviews of Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta

CMarin1975's Port Reviews of Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Member Review: CMarin1975's Carnival Splendor Review
Cabo San Lucas
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We woke up the third day of our cruise to see the shores of Cabo San Lucas. Very lovely! For the Mexican Riviera cruise, THIS is the port of call with the great beach. (Don't wait for it for Puerto Vallarta) We took a tender ride to shore and walked the shopping areas. Then we had a wonderful lunch at a food truck near the pier that offered fresh seafood. We had queen clams, shrimp and fish ceviche, and the best tortilla chips, salsa & guacamole we ever had.

After lunch we went parasailing. We ordered it from our room the day before. They used Cabo Excursions. It was a nice company. They launch you from a boat and you land back on the boat afterwards. It was just dreamy, totally wonderful. I suggest parasailing there to everyone of ALL AGES. You launch off very smoothly. There are no strong breezes or anything. You just sit there and take in the views. You basically sit on a harness the whole time. You just have to hold on to the straps on either side of you. It's very easy.

One bit of advice is this: Order your excursions at the port once you're there. We ordered the parasailing in our guest cabin over the TV. Two people came to $189.00. Once there (in Cabo), the guys on the streets (and there are MANY) offering glass-bottom boat rides offered me parasailing. For fun I asked them how much for two people. They offered $70. I asked for $60 and got it. That means I basically wasted $129.00 that went to Carnival for NOTHING. *** CARNIVAL SHALL NEVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN BECAUSE I'M NOT ORDERING ANY SHORE EXCURSIONS THROUGH THEM AGAIN AND I DON'T SUGGEST ANYONE DOES. ***

More Cabo San Lucas Reviews Cabo San Lucas Port Profile Cabo San Lucas Forum
Puerto Vallarta
Parasailing Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We woke to the industrial shores of Puerto Vallarta. All you could see were stores and buildings. I was instantly disappointed because I wanted to see sandy beaches from our cabin like at Cabo San Lucas. The beach, I learned, was totally across town from where we docked.

We parasailed in PV also. Except this time another family member went on his own. We booked it once we got on shore with a taxi cab driver who offered to take us across town there, wait for us, and take us back, all for $130. We got him down to $110. This included the parasailing! It was a 20 minute drive to the beach where the parasailing was. The cab driver took us on a mini-tour of the city, citing historical areas and meanings of landmarks and symbols. It has a quaint little downtown area that was slightly reminiscent of San Francisco. Then the parasailing. This parasailing group launched from the shore and you landed back on the shore. They were really nice guys and very helpful in advise about the town.

In all fairness, we didn't give PV a fair shake. That is, we didn't seek out any other excursions or shore visits to the shopping districts.

More Puerto Vallarta Reviews Puerto Vallarta Port Profile Puerto Vallarta Forum