Member Reviews

RikkuCat's Port Reviews of King's Wharf,
Norwegian Star cruise in October 2012
Member Name: RikkuCat
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda
Member Review: RikkuCat's Norwegian Star Review
King's Wharf
Glass Bottom Boat Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
This was an evening Bermuda Triangle shipwreck cruise in a glass-bottom boat. We were interested in this excursion before we went on our cruise, but didn't end up booking it. When we got to Bermuda, we realized that the same company is set up at the pier and you can book with them directly. I didn't compare the price, but I think it was comparable - the difference is that NCL only offers this excursion on one particular day and time, whereas the company offers it every evening in two time slots, so we picked the one we wanted. The excursion itself was a lot of fun. On the way to the site, one of the crew members continually passed out rum swizzles while another answered tons of questions about Bermuda - we learned a lot about the country. When we got to the site, we went down to the lower deck and looked at the reef and shipwreck through the glass bottom. It wasn't quite what we expected to see, but it was really cool nonetheless. Definitely worth the trip!

Reef Fishing Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We had a BLAST on this excursion! We went on the last morning in Bermuda, and it was a perfect day to spend the morning on the water. Our boat took us to 3 or 4 different fishing sites, all about 4-5 miles off the coast of Bermuda on the reef. I didn't catch anything, but my husband caught three fish and we both had a great time. This was one of the highlights of our trip.

Snorkeling Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
I booked this excursion at the last minute, because my husband had gotten badly sunburned the day before and wasn't up to doing anything, so I found myself on my own for the morning. We hadn't planned on snorkeling in Bermuda, but this was the only available excursion that morning that sounded like fun to me, so I went with it. I ended up having a great time - the crew was AMAZING and took us to a great snorkel site. Too bad my husband missed out, because this was one of the best things I did in Bermuda!

More King's Wharf Reviews King's Wharf Port Profile King's Wharf Forum