Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > geogal95's Port Reviews of Nassau, St. Maarten, St. Thomas

geogal95's Port Reviews of Nassau, St. Maarten, St. Thomas
Norwegian Epic cruise in November 2012
Member Name: geogal95
Cruise Date: November 2012
Member Review: geogal95's Norwegian Epic Review
Nassau
Dolphin Encounter Rating: 5+ out of 5+
In Nassau, I did the dolphin encounter. This was the highlight of my trip. I got to give her (her name was Bimmeny) a kiss and a hug and rub her belly and feed her and even got to dance with her! Plus, the wetsuit looked really good on me.. bonus! We go out in groups of 10. Total time in the water was about 45 mins I'd say. We got to see her do jumps and flips and she splashed me while playing around. I was so at home with them and the whole process was so smooth. It was at Atlantis at dolphin cay. It was a very long walk back to the bus stop though! I would also recommend this to anyone!

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
In St Maarten, I did the America's Cup Regatta race. It was so much fun. They explained everything to you, they were informative and funny and the work wasn't so hard, but enough to feel like you were part of the crew! They offered you a drink and of course, took pictures too. I was surprised how hard it really is to sail, but had a fantastic time. I would recommend this to anyone!
More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum
St. Thomas
Eco Tour Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
I did the St John Eco hike and beach tour. We had to be at the pier at 8:15 so I had breakfast around 7ish. I got to the pier and they advised me the water taxi to St John would leave at 8:30, and it was right on time. The ferry operators were informative and funny and very entertaining, plus you can get a beverage onboard for cheap money (can of soda or a water was just a dollar). When we got to St John, the tour guide took us to a place to sign some waivers. I said the tour indicated it came with water and a snack, but she had no idea at all. She said only the Disney boats came with that. So, I had to go into the store and buy bottled water at $2 each. They did not sell snacks that I could see. The "hike" is really not one. It's just a walk. And you stop every 10 minutes to talk about the birds and the trees and bushes and bugs,etc... and you were not allowed to walk ahead of the group. I was hoping for an actual hike. Then we got to Honeymoon beach, which was beautiful!! But we had all of 40 mins and were rushed out again.. could have used more time there. The only snack shop on the beach was charging an obscene amount of money, so I passed. We walked to the taxi who took us to the ferry terminal, which was just starting to board. I could have stayed to get something to eat, but the ferry only comes once an hour so I hopped on and took the 45 min ride back to St Thomas. By the time I got to the ship, on this 90 degree day, I was hot, hungry and dehydrated and really wished I had chosen something else. I will mention this to NCL,but as a suggestion... keep in mind if you really want to try this one, bring plenty of water AND a snack, and don't expect to break a sweat on this "hike". I just went right back on the ship to eat and decided not to check out St Thomas any more.

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum