Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > pistoliom's Port Reviews of Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta

pistoliom's Port Reviews of Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Member Review: pistoliom's Carnival Splendor Review
Cabo San Lucas
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
I didn't like Cabo at all. Glad I can say I've seen the arches. We were scheduled to dive on our first port day. Guest services called an rescheduled us for the second port day in the afternoon since there were not enough people signed up for the first day. Water was rough and it was difficult for some passengers to get on the tender boat. The locals are everywhere selling things and pushing for water taxis and tours. We walked around the shops and went out into town. Shop prices in town are VERY inflated on shop keeper even told us of that's the tourist price your young I won't rip you off like the old folks with money. We left his store disgusted and went to the pier to get a water taxi after that.

20.00 got us a tour of the arches and beaches he stopped and feed the fish and we watched them swiming around. He offered to stop at lover's beach so we could get out and swim but we didn't want to. He then took us over to the beach side and we went and had lunch at one of the beach clubs. Vendors were as bad on the beach as they were on the marina side. Lunch was good but pricey.

We didn't get to go to port the second day because of rough water so they couldn't tender. We missed our scuba diving and that sucked bad it was going to be my first certified dive with my husband and we were both really disappointed. Not sure if I'll book through carnival again because of that. Had we gone private we would of dove the first day guaranteed but I was nervous booking local since there had been a recent death tied to the tanks at a local dive shop. I couldn't find enough information to feel confident booking on my own.

I'll never go back to Cabo the LA kids can keep it.

More Cabo San Lucas Reviews Cabo San Lucas Port Profile Cabo San Lucas Forum
Puerto Vallarta
Zip-lining Rating: 5+ out of 5+
AMAZING!!!!! BEST PART OF THE CRUISE!!! LOVE this place. Wish carnival would do 2 days here and 1 in Cabo. Did the adventure tours zip lining booked through carnival. It's a shame this was our first zip lining tour because I'm not sure anything will ever come close to comparing to this adventure. We took a high speed boat to the location got out took a 4x4 up the mountain. Got on donkeys to take us up to the very top and then zip lined down 10 or 12 different lines and repelled down 2 waterfalls. Staff is great and safety is #1. Some ladies in the group were scared and they worked really well with them. Had few beers and some food while we waited for our pictures (extra charges).

They took us back to the ship via the boat the waves were rougher this time and it was quite a ride! We went back on the ship got washed off and cleaned up and headed into to town for some shopping. The shops are beautiful and the shop keepers are HONEST! The same boots in Cabo were several hundred dollars cheap here. Such a great deal I couldn't even haggle with the sweet shop keeper. Tequila samples everywhere mostly the flavored kinds but they are yummy. Everyone is friendly I would go back for a full week vacation here. We headed deeper into town and found a nice little bar sat on the small balcony butchered our way through a conversation, drank coronas and people watched. The bar we stopped at didn't have food so we headed back towards the ship and got a massive mound of guacamole at the restaurant right by the ship. Kind of pricey but it was really good.

More Puerto Vallarta Reviews Puerto Vallarta Port Profile Puerto Vallarta Forum