Member Reviews

Embarkation: other
Member Review: thethirdhalf's Carnival Ecstasy Review
Freeport
Port Rating: Not Rated
This trip was worth every single penny paid for the excursion. Brice and his wife were an absolute riot while giving us a grand tour of the island. The perfume factory was a pleasant surprise, and while perfume is not my cup of tea, seeing how they make it was a nice education.

The straw market and shops, while there are not many of them, seemed a little hit or miss to me. I could have watched the glass blower all day as that really does seem to be a lost art. I was able to get a nice little keepsake necklace.

However, this trip was all about the beer. It's been said earlier that this trip pays for itself in the beer samples provided at the brewery, and they weren't lying. The brewery itself is a nice operation and it was nice to see the entire operation start to finish. During the hour or so we had to sample beers, I probably had about a dozen of the samples. All of which were very good in their own right.

If I ever go back to Freeport, I would do this tour again in a heartbeat.

More Freeport Reviews Freeport Port Profile Freeport Forum
Key West
Port Rating: Not Rated
My biggest issue was the fact the immigration clearance started so close to noon. In my opinion, we should have docked in Key West at 9:30-10 am and had all of that done prior to the noon debarkation time. Also, the lines in getting on a train to leave the naval base were way too long and took too long to start flowing. This should have been quicker. However, once we got into Key West, I had a ball trying to follow my mom relive her old haunts in Key West. We ended up at the Shipwreck Museum and it was very educational to see what they were able to get from all the sunken ships. The aquarium was also a blast. Getting back to the ship was very easy.

More Key West Reviews Key West Port Profile Key West Forum