Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > server's Port Reviews of Montevideo, Ushuaia, Punta Arenas, Puerto Montt

server's Port Reviews of Montevideo, Ushuaia, Punta Arenas, Puerto Montt
Destination: South America & Antarctica
Member Review: server's Veendam Review
Montevideo
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
I simply strolled around a got a feel for the city. The lunch options by the pier were quite something, and not for vegetarians.

More Montevideo Reviews Montevideo Port Profile Montevideo Forum
Ushuaia
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
The excursion into the National Park was just what I wanted. The town was not much,but it's the countryside we went for. Many smiling British faces back on board. Met a very famous and wealthy Englishman buying his soft drinks and potato chips in a store on the pier.
More Ushuaia Reviews Ushuaia Port Profile Ushuaia Forum
Punta Arenas
Torres del Paine National Park Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
I chose this cruise for the Falklands and Torres del Paine, and was not about to let the brush fires deter me. A lot of damage by the flames but what can you do?

Go back in 10 years? Not me.

More Punta Arenas Reviews Punta Arenas Port Profile Punta Arenas Forum
Puerto Montt
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
The excursion was listed as a trip to Chiloe Island. Not the case. We ended up at some oversized private estate. We enjoyed the wine and the salmon but not what we were expecting. I'm not big on statues reflecting the results of in-breeding. Different, but not for me! When we returned to the pier just after midday I managed to get on an excursion to Puerto Varas and Fruitilar, very enjoyable, especially the views of the mountains form Puerto Varas.

I got a refund for my non trip to Chiloe Island. Wonder if the other disappointed people did.

More Puerto Montt Reviews Puerto Montt Port Profile Puerto Montt Forum