Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > gardenbug22's Port Reviews of Halifax, Saint John (New Brunswick), Bar Harbor, Portland (Maine)

Jewel of the Seas cruise in October 2012
Member Name: gardenbug22
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Boston
Destination: Canada & New England
Member Review: gardenbug22's Jewel of the Seas Review
Halifax
Horsedrawn Trolley Tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Other than it was cold, it was a wonderful very information tour. Our guide added just the right amount of humor and local color to keep our interest.He was very good about answering our questions.

More Halifax Reviews Halifax Port Profile Halifax Forum
Saint John (New Brunswick)
Horse Drawn Carriage Rating: 5+ out of 5+
As we walked along the side walk this tour was boarding, so we took it on a whim. It was a great tour, very personalised.Our guide was very down to earth.

More Saint John (New Brunswick) Reviews Saint John (New Brunswick) Port Profile Saint John (New Brunswick) Forum
Bar Harbor
Port Rating: Not Rated
We wandered about the town exploring on our own. It was clear that all the shops that we enjoyed were geared more for the tourist,than the locals. We did some shopping.. as we were the last cruise ship of the season we hit some great sales ! Sitting in the park above the harbor was one absolutely one of the best parts of this stop. The views over the harbor were incredible.

More Bar Harbor Reviews Bar Harbor Port Profile Bar Harbor Forum
Portland (Maine)
Port Rating: Not Rated
I met family at this port and wandered about the Old Port with them. The Old Port is wonderful, great shops and friendly people. When we left the ship we were greeted by local musicians singing a variety of music. What a welcome, I was tempted to just stay put and listen to the music! It was that good. Once we left the secured area there were street vendors/crafters. There were quite a variety of goods to be had and each vendor could have been a one man welcome committee. They were very helpful, when I needed some assistance.

We wandered about the port visiting stores and stopping for coffee and hot cider throughout the day. We enjoyed lunch at an Irish pub ( Bull Feeney's) where I had a Reuben. The food and the service was good,and the Iish music in the back ground was great!

I loved the variety of stores and the prices were within reason, they did not appear inflated for cruise passengers.

The only thing I wish I had done was to go to Soakology to top off my day.

It was a nice port to visit.

More Portland (Maine) Reviews Portland (Maine) Port Profile Portland (Maine) Forum