Member Reviews

Embarkation: New Orleans
Member Review: cnerland721's Carnival Elation Review
Progreso
Port Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
I got off the ship just to shop in the little market at the cruise terminal with my mother-in-law. I found it a little disconcerting how aggressive some of the vendors were. Also, I'm kinda mad at myself because I ended up paying more for vanilla at one store. There was also one store selling counterfeit COACH purses, which I notified the COACH corporation about.

However, the little bar at the cruise terminal has beer 3 for $5, which is a much better price than on the ship.

More Progreso Reviews Progreso Port Profile Progreso Forum
Cozumel
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
It was a little confusing finding where to get a taxi, but once we found the line, we got one for $20 to Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach was very nice. The water was very calm for our 15 month old son and I was very happy to have lots of shade for my fair skin. Our waiters were very attentive to us. The food was very good. The drinks were a little bit overpriced, in my opinion, but they tasted good.

I was very stressed about riding in the taxis without a car seat for my son. I just held him and buckled us both up and prayed alot.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum