Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > CRUISEBOY305's Port Reviews of Halifax, Saint John (New Brunswick), Bar Harbor, Portland (Maine)

Jewel of the Seas cruise in October 2012
Member Name: CRUISEBOY305
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Boston
Destination: Canada & New England
Member Review: CRUISEBOY305's Jewel of the Seas Review
Halifax
Peggy's Cove Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Halifax I did the Peggy's Cove and Titanic (with Scooter and Momma) wonderful tour. Peggy's Cove is absolutely brilliant and beautiful. The Fairview Cemetery was very interesting for me. I've always been very fascinated by the tragedy of titanic.

This excursion stated at 12:30pm so I did the Pink Bus Hop On and Off around the city. Stopped at the Citadel and Public Gardens. Citadel was interesting. Publix Gardens was beautiful. A must in Halifax.

More Halifax Reviews Halifax Port Profile Halifax Forum
Saint John (New Brunswick)
Bay of Fundy Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Saint John I did the Saint John and Bay of Fundy Top 10. Also a great tour. The reversing tides are pretty neat. This tour takes you out to the Saint Martin where we had a wonderful Seafood Chowder lunch. Then back to Saint Johns where we explored the Old Market and then the Carleton Martello Tower which had a great view of the city. And then finally we stopped at an Irish pub for moosehead beer.

More Saint John (New Brunswick) Reviews Saint John (New Brunswick) Port Profile Saint John (New Brunswick) Forum
Bar Harbor
Acadia National Park Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Bar Harbor Maine, (with Scooter and Momma) we did the Best of Bar Harbor, which takes you there Acadia National Park. I do have a few complaints here, there was no stopping along the park except on top of Cadillac Mountain. He would make quick photo stops but with the glare from the glass we couldn't get any decent pictures. If there going to go through Acadia like that then they should have an open top bus for people to take pictures. My advice if you want to do Acadia, rent a car and stop and go as you please. The tour also included a stop at a Lobster museum called Oceanarium Bar Harbor. which included a lecture. Which was great however, they also had a Lobster Hatchery which is open to the public but was not included in this tour. I think that would have been nice on this tour. Again, do this on your own. Then we made one last stop which was a complete waste of time. I can't even remember where it was, that's how irrelevant it was. After the tour we had lunch at the Fish House Grill which is right next to the tender pier. What an amazing lunch. We had Lobster, Blueberry Beer, Blueberry Pie. Price was very reasonable. If you love lobster defiantly give this place a try. After lunch we walked around the downtown area, did a little shopping. Lots of quaint little shops, restaurants and coffee shops. I think Bar Harbor was my favorite port.

More Bar Harbor Reviews Bar Harbor Port Profile Bar Harbor Forum
Portland (Maine)
Kennebunkport Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Last port was Portland. I did the Best of Portland and Kennebunkport. Great tour, except it was very foggy in Portland so it was very hard to site see. Once we got to Kennebunkport the weather was gorgeous. Like Bar Harbor, Kennebunkport has lots of quaint little shops, restaurants and coffee shops. We drove by the Bush Family Compound. In Kennebunkport I had lunch at Bartley's Dockside. Great little restaurant right on the main road. Had the Lobster Roll which was fantastic. Mrs. B, who is one of the owners, makes the blueberry pies herself which is delicious.

More Portland (Maine) Reviews Portland (Maine) Port Profile Portland (Maine) Forum