Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > levandowskij's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan, Grand Cayman

levandowskij's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan, Grand Cayman
Carnival Liberty cruise in September 2012
Member Name: levandowskij
Cruise Date: September 2012
Member Review: levandowskij's Carnival Liberty Review
Cozumel
Mayan Ruins Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We did the Mayan Ruins of Tulum in Cozumel. Angel was fantastic and very knowledgeable about the Mayan culture and the ruins. The ruins reminded us of Pompeii. It is hot and humid. Make sure you bring sun screen, hat and a bathing suit. The ocean is right next to the ruins....and a nice dip is a wonderful way of cooling off. We had fish tacos at one of the local restaurants at the end of the tour. They even gave us cold rags to cool off our necks and body before we got on the bus.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
The next day we went to Xunantunich Mayan Ruins in Belize. Some complaints that I read about before our trip was that it was a long 2 hour bus trip to get to the ruins. Two hours might be long for little children -- adults it was fascinating drive. Ken our tour guide was so passionate about his home of Belize. When we arrived we took a small ferry across the river. Then he first took us to see the monkeys playing in the trees before we reached the ruins. They were beyond magnificent. I'm afraid of heights -- so my husband went to the top while I took pictures. We were only a few miles from Guatemala. He had the time of his life. We had lunch at a local restaurant. What a wonderful meal ! They also had local artist. I suggest you buy from the local people. You help the village and their art work is great!
More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Roatan
Port Rating: Not Rated
On Wednesday we went to the Maya Key Private Island. It was beautiful. Honduras has sand flees. Make sure you bring bug spray. I only had two little bites. Some people had red circles the size of a dime all over their body. If you forget to bring the bug spray -- they do sell it in all the shops. Maya Key had a wonderful animal sanctuary. They also had a wonderful lunch.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Grand Cayman
Dolphin Encounter Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Our last excursion on Thursday was the dolphin encounter and stingray city on Grand Caymon Island. What a thrill to feed the stingrays. They are truly gentle giants. The dolphin encounter was everything I wished it would be.

Stingray Swim Rating: 5.0 out of 5+