Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > HonkyTonkAngel's Port Reviews of St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Maarten

Norwegian Sun cruise in October 2012
Member Name: HonkyTonkAngel
Cruise Date: October 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Member Review: HonkyTonkAngel's Norwegian Sun Review
St. Thomas
Snorkeling Rating: Not Rated
Snorkeling at Coki Beach and exploring at Coral World. We didn't book with a tour operator but did it ourselves. Excellent time! Coki Beach was fun and the fish were plentiful!

More St. Thomas Reviews St. Thomas Port Profile St. Thomas Forum
Barbados
Cave Tour Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
I know the people of Barbados are proud of this cave but honestly, it was dark and cool inside and we fell asleep on the tram. It was boring. I can appreciate it and how it was discovered, but it did nothing for us.

Snorkeling Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We booked a private snorkeling tour (just me and my husband) and snorkeled at a shipwreck and with giant sea turtles!! IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Lunch on the beach included flying fish sandwiches and local beer.

More Barbados Reviews Barbados Port Profile Barbados Forum
St. Lucia
Port Rating: Not Rated
Beautiful port...we went off on our own. We toured the open air fruit/veggie market which was a real cultural experience! Afterwards we went to Robbie Beach where we swam, laid in the sun and were slammed by every beach vendor in St. Lucia I swear!!! Good Lord there needs to be a limit I think. It's hard to enjoy a day at the beach when there are so many vendors approaching you selling jewelry, bird feeders, hats, baskets, trinkets, trinkets, trinkets. I get it...they make their money that way but enough is enough. Even in the water, there's a guy on a rickety old boat selling fresh fruit to the swimmers! Okay, that was kinda cool and we did get some fresh pineapple which was DEEELISH. OH...one of the best meals we had was at this beach. A lady named Elizabeth came out around lunch time selling food on the beach. She makes food and then brings it in coolers to sell. AMAZING! She was lovely, her food was fantastic and if you go to that beach, you need to find her! Better yet, she'll probably find you!!!!!

More St. Lucia Reviews St. Lucia Port Profile St. Lucia Forum
St. Maarten
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Pure Paradise! We booked an excursion on the Mirabella Catamaran and they treated us like superstars!!! Great crew, worth every penny (only $79 per person) and we snorkled at one spot and swam at another. Snacks, beer, sandwiches and even champagne for the Bocce Ball winners was included. I'm happy to say my hubby and I played Bocce Ball on the beach with the crew and it was a BLAST!!!!!!! After the snorkeling cruise we took a taxi to the famous Orient Beach and laid out and swam on the nude side but kept our clothes on! The little bar at the Orient Beach Resort has a bartender that makes KILLER pina coladas! Don't miss it!!!

More St. Maarten Reviews St. Maarten Port Profile St. Maarten Forum