Member Reviews

Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: loco1969's Carnival Fascination Review
Half Moon Cay
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Absolutely gorgeous island!!! We spent most of the day at the beach just swimming and relaxing. We did try some snorkling on our own but didn't see much, I think we needed a better location. The bar-b-q lunch was ok, nothing spectacular about it. I definitely want to go back to this island!

More Half Moon Cay Reviews Half Moon Cay Port Profile Half Moon Cay Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We didn't book an excursion for this port, after doing some research online we decided to just go it our own. We took the no. 10 jitney, which is about a 10 minute walk from the ship to Ardastra Zoo, it's a short walk from where they drop you off to the zoo.

The zoo was small but it had a pretty decent collection of animals, the kids had a great time at the march of the flamingos, they got to go into the ring to do their best flamingo pose.

After the zoo we went to Fort Charlotte which is on the way back to the bus stop, our guide was ok, he seemed like a recording and even though we paid an admission fee he wanted a tip, we gave him one, but I didn't really feel as though he deserved it for a quick 5 to 10 minute tour. We spent some time walking around the open areas ourselves. There are some really good views from the fort.

After the fort we walked over to the fish fry area and went to Goldie's because we all wanted to try conch. We got the seafood platter and me, my husband and 7-year old daughter all ate from it. It came with fried conch, fried grouper, fried shrimp and three sides (we had plantains, cole slaw and fries). We did not like the conch, too chewy for our taste but the grouper and shrimp were amazing!! If we ever go back I would have them leave the conch off.

After we ate, we took the jitney back to town. The driver was actually headed the opposite way but turned around and picked us up, he also gave the kids each a Bahamian 10 cent piece. It was a quick ride back to town but he talked to us the entire time.

Once we were back in town, we went to the Pirate Museum, which we all enjoyed. It was very informative and we all enjoyed it. We then walked back to the ship, stopping at some shops for our free stuff and some souveniers along the way.

My only complaints about Nassau is that it was very dirty, I expected it to be cleaner and we were hassled a LOT by taxi drivers, people wanting to braid our hair, sell us jewelry, etc... If I walk by you and ignore you, don't follow me because I don't want what you are selling!

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum