Member Reviews

Member Review: DarthGrady's Bahamas Celebration Review
Freeport
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Excerpt from my review:

We arrived in Freeport early on Sunday morning. None of us had been there before, so it was something new for the entire group. After a good breakfast at the Lido Buffet we headed down the gangway. We spent a little time at the small shopping area at the cruise ship pier. There is not a lot there; just a few shops, small food stands and the obligatory Senor Frogs.

I did a bit of reading on Freeport prior to our cruise and I knew that the cruise ship pier is a good distance away from the attractions. We all decided to catch a taxi to Port Lucaya, which has a larger shopping area and a public beach. The taxi ride is $10 per person (round trip) and does not seem to be negotiable. After arriving at Port Lucaya we did more shopping and bar hopped for a while. We then went down to the beach and found it to be moderately populated. The beach there was a little rocky and not the prettiest I've seen, but it was far from the worst. I may be slightly spoiled since my last cruise called on Half Moon Cay.

More Freeport Reviews Freeport Port Profile Freeport Forum