Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Bashful3's Port Reviews of Barcelona, Ibiza, Malta (Valletta), Crete (Heraklion), Rhodes, Jerusalem (Ashdod)

Marina cruise in September 2012
Member Name: Bashful3
Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Middle East
Member Review: Bashful3's Marina Review
Barcelona
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
WE had been to Barcelona several times before; recommend Hotel Gaudi for location and great breakfast. Easy cab ride to port.

More Barcelona Reviews Barcelona Port Profile Barcelona Forum
Ibiza
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We just walked around briefly; saving our energies for the rest of the cruise.
More Ibiza Reviews Ibiza Port Profile Ibiza Forum
Malta (Valletta)
Port Rating: 0.0 out of 5+
This private tour was arranged to accommodate my walking difficulties, avoiding

stairs, museums, churches and palaces. Malta is a hilly place; I enjoyed

Rita's tour thoroughly, but others would wish to see the palace, museums and churches.

More Malta (Valletta) Reviews Malta (Valletta) Port Profile Malta (Valletta) Forum
Crete (Heraklion)
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Again, we had a private arrangement with a taxi company. While not guides, our

driver did an excellent job and I enjoyed the experience hugely. Would definitely recommend taxi touring in Crete.

More Crete (Heraklion) Reviews Crete (Heraklion) Port Profile Crete (Heraklion) Forum
Rhodes
Our taxi driver, Anthony was enthusiastic about Rhodes, fluent in English, knew

how to make the 4 1/2 hour tour zing while accomodating my mobility limitations. nick-ax@rho.forthnet.gr. While they are not permitted to

be described as 'guides' I sure couldn't tell that: Anthony was superb. We saw a lot, and it was an exciting experience. Many photo stops, but I didn't have to climb any stairs and it was a treat. Motivated us to want to revisit Rhodes. Jewish Rhodes was included, at my request.

More Rhodes Reviews Rhodes Port Profile Rhodes Forum
Jerusalem (Ashdod)
Port Rating: Not Rated
Unfortunately our tour was scheduled for a Friday, and also during a festival, Succoth. This led to unusually crowded conditions with street closings at 4pm.

The large buses could not have access to the inner city as our small van did.

Would recommend info@guidedtoursisrael.com highly. Jerusalem is quite far from the port of Ashdod. Yad Vashem was difficult to take, but a must. I was not able to keep up with our group, and had to return to the bus with my husband, but our group had a wonderful experience in the inner city.

More Jerusalem (Ashdod) Reviews Jerusalem (Ashdod) Port Profile Jerusalem (Ashdod) Forum
Haifa
Port Rating: Not Rated
Wonderful tour of Safed; private tour made the whole difference here.

Sorry can't remember details, but it was great, other than the restaurant choice. Food tasty, but very expensive. May have been someone's relative!

More Haifa Reviews Haifa Port Profile Haifa Forum
Istanbul
The Best! By Far! Spent 4 days post cruise, and Ram_dreng@yahoo.com cannot

be highly recommended enough to you. He catered to my mobility limitations; was a gifted guide who helped us get to know Istanbul despite my inability to climb stairs or walk well with my walker on cobblestones.

We are where locals eat (example: $25 for exquisite lunch for 3); got to talk

with four young female college students, visited the Jewish Museum, a real gem,

relished the Janissary Concert at the Military Museum where the military history of Turkey was brought to life for us by Ram. He even picked the HOtel

Sura, which was an excellent choice for us: close to all the action, and with

one of the few disability access rooms at a reasonable cost in Istanbul.

He would help you do want you want to do, regardless of your interests, just as

he helped us. I consider him a friend, not just a guide. Truly caring.

More Istanbul Reviews Istanbul Port Profile Istanbul Forum