Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Butterscotch Beechcraft's Port Reviews of Monaco, Florence (Livorno), Rome (Civitavecchia), Naples

Carnival Breeze cruise in October 2012
Member Name: Butterscotch Beechcraft
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Member Review: Butterscotch Beechcraft's Carnival Breeze Review
Monaco
Nice & Eze Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Eze is amazing, perched as it is on a hill top. Nice is simply beautiful, as is the entire part of the French Riviera we were able to see on our way to and back from Nice.

More Monaco Reviews Monaco Port Profile Monaco Forum
Florence (Livorno)
Port Rating: Not Rated
We did not take a tour, instead traveling by ourselves, by train, to Lucca. By the time we'd managed the multiple connections it took to get to Lucca, we had only two hours there before we had to return. We wouldn't attempt this again.
More Florence (Livorno) Reviews Florence (Livorno) Port Profile Florence (Livorno) Forum
Rome (Civitavecchia)
Rome on Your Own Rating: Not Rated
I liked the comfort of being transported to Rome and back by bus. Rome was bursting at the seams with visitors, and although I enjoyed being able to see some sights I'd not yet seen in the city (I'd spent a week there years ago), I was dismayed with the size of the crowds.

More Rome (Civitavecchia) Reviews Rome (Civitavecchia) Port Profile Rome (Civitavecchia) Forum
Naples
Port Rating: Not Rated
We were told we could easily reach the train station on our own. Not true. It took nearly 45 minutes of hard walking through the dirty streets of Naples to find the station, and then some more time to figure out where and how to catch the train to Pompeii. I would take an excursion and be transported by bus.

More Naples Reviews Naples Port Profile Naples Forum