Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Anzel's Port Reviews of Catalina Island (California), Ensenada

Anzel's Port Reviews of Catalina Island (California), Ensenada
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Member Review: Anzel's Carnival Inspiration Review
Catalina Island (California)
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
***Make sure you bring lots and lots of American money to Catalina Island as almost nobody accepts debit or credit. Catalina was very pretty... but very small. Not much to do there but sight see a bit, eat at some local places, etc. Most people rented golf carts to drive around but we decided to go parasailing.

The ship was only there for a little bit and my guess is because there's really not much to do there. Definitely get a golf cart to drive around in or do some sort of excursion unless you are happy just walking around for like 30 minutes LOL. There's not much else to do.

More Catalina Island (California) Reviews Catalina Island (California) Port Profile Catalina Island (California) Forum
Ensenada
Horseback Tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
In Ensenada we did the horseback tour at Rancho Los Bandidos. This is basically a 500 acre ranch owned by an American woman. There she has about 40 horses and they are all very well kept. They roam throughout the ranch for most of the week and are only ridden by tourists on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

It's about a 20 minute bus ride into the mountains to the ranch. During the ride there and back, "Miguel" give us lots of information about Ensenada. He was basically the guy in charge of the tour. He got us on our horses and really took care of everyone during the winding four mile trail up and down the mountain. The trail itself is a bit rocky and a bit dusty but it has that, "Old West" feel to it. Some of the views at the top of the mountain overlooking the ocean are absolutely amazing. My wife and I really enjoyed it.

Back at the ranch they had homemade chips and salsa waiting for us by the bar. Also, there was a local woman making fresh steak tacos. OK. I have to stop here for a minute. These tacos. OMG. I mean... I can't explain how awesome they were. You know when you go to American chain restaurants and they offer, "Authentic Mexican Street Tacos"? Yeah... those places should be ashamed of themselves. Like... I took pictures of the tacos so I could look at them later and remember them fondly.

Overall this was an awesome excursion. The people were awesome. The horseback riding was great. The views were great. The food was great. It was also a great value. Definitely do this one if you get the chance. This is one that that I would book ahead of time as it fills up fast.

More Ensenada Reviews Ensenada Port Profile Ensenada Forum