Member Reviews

apirateslife4me's Port Reviews of King's Wharf,
Norwegian Star cruise in October 2012
Member Name: apirateslife4me
Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda
Member Review: apirateslife4me's Norwegian Star Review
King's Wharf
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Bermuda is absolutely beautiful. For those who found the beaches crowded; all you needed to do is walk away from the crowd to find a secluded area with few individuals. Horseshoe Beach is a great example, full of people, but if you traversed to the far left or right of the main area you had it all to yourself. Same for Tobacco Bay (although I wouldn't recommend this beach to anyone). Having traveled through the Caribbean extensively this is true for most beaches. you have to do a little research and leg work to find that special spot.

As Americans we have a sense of entitlement which many times gives others a bad attitude toward us. However we went out of our way to engage those we met,to be courteous and to thank them for any service. Still, I found the shopkeepers, waitstaff, bus drivers and most everyone to be totally uninterested in our happiness with their island. In fact it was almost as if they were doing us a favor letting us purchase something from them or just be there.

In my opinion the beauty of the island is overshadowed by the dour attitudes from those we encountered most everywhere we went. The Tourist Officials that greeted us in the square upon arrival were the most pleasant and helpful individuals we found.

This is an expensive island, much like the Caymans. Two Iced Teas, each with a refill cost us $13.50 total. You may want to make sure you take your meals on the ship or pack a snack for the munchies.

Truthfully, I will probably take my vacation elsewhere next time; Some place where the people are friendly and happy to see my "American" dollars supporting tourism. As beautiful as I found it, Bermuda certainly isn't the place.

More King's Wharf Reviews King's Wharf Port Profile King's Wharf Forum