Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > W1nniethepooh's Port Reviews of Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Freeport

W1nniethepooh's Port Reviews of Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Freeport
Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: W1nniethepooh's Carnival Pride Review
Grand Turk
Semi-Sub Expedition Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We took a pontoon boat from the shore out to the semi-sub. A semi-sub looks like a regular boat above water, but it has a sort of basement with windows all around where you look out and watch the marine life. The staff on the semi sub were very helpful in getting us aboard safely. I think this was the highlight of the trip for many of us our group. Then we took a very informative taxi tour around the island. Was disappointed in how run down it is, but at the port Carnival had a wonderful shopping area, complete with huge swimming pool and Margaritaville. I loved the pool. Could have stayed there all day.

More Grand Turk Reviews Grand Turk Port Profile Grand Turk Forum
Half Moon Cay
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We took a tender boat to the shore. The water was beautiful, the weather hot (but I like it that way). I am not a beach person, so I would have preferred that there be a swimming pool there. Maybe someday. I know that Carnival has spent millions on building up the port and is continuing to make improvements all the time.

My husband and daughter took the bicycle tour and loved it. They got to see a lot of the island in reasonable amount of time and the terrain was easy and flat which made the tour enjoyable.

More Half Moon Cay Reviews Half Moon Cay Port Profile Half Moon Cay Forum
Freeport
Banana Boat Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
My husband took the banana boat tour, although he rode in the regular boat. He loved seeing the sharks and dophins.

More Freeport Reviews Freeport Port Profile Freeport Forum