Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Gulf Coast Fanatic's Port Reviews of Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Gulf Coast Fanatic's Port Reviews of Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Carnival Conquest cruise in September 2012
Member Name: Gulf Coast Fanatic
Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans
Member Review: Gulf Coast Fanatic's Carnival Conquest Review
Montego Bay
City Tour Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Ported at what looked to be an industrial park. Waited forever for their "hop on hop off" bus. Then we got PACKED into the bus like sardines. Ugh. Jamaica is a poor country (1 US dollar = 88 Jamaican dollars), and I constantly was asked "Taxi cab?" (no thank you), followed by "weed?" (no thank you). Everyone offers you weed there lol. I will say though, that everyone in Jamaica (that we encountered) was EXTREMELY friendly. Doc's cavern beach was beautiful! I think next time we'll just book a better excursion, and actually do it through Carnival instead of "winging it" like we did this time.

More Montego Bay Reviews Montego Bay Port Profile Montego Bay Forum
Grand Cayman
Beach Break Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Tiki bar beach excursion. Simply put, PARADISE. Keep this in mind though, the Cayman Island are money. $1.25 US = $1.00 CI. First place we've ever been to in which their money is worth more than ours. Everything is price in CI$, so know that you will pay more than what is tagged.

We went to Margaritaville before taking the Tiki bar beach trip. Wonderful. I cannot say enough good things about the Cayman Islands!

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Cozumel
Beach Break Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Passion Island, second year in a row! This place is what my definition of Heaven is...seriously. I have ZERO negative things to say about Cozumel and Passion Island. Also kudos to our catamaran people...WONDERFUL time with them as they took us to the island!

Catamaran tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
UltraMar (I believe)...it's the blue and yellow catamarans that take you to Passion Island. FANTASTIC time! Gracias!!!!!

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum