Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > lilmsmuffet's Port Reviews of Seattle, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria

lilmsmuffet's Port Reviews of Seattle, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria
Destination: Alaska
Member Review: lilmsmuffet's Golden Princess Review
Seattle
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
I am giving this port a 4 only because we did not see any sights other than the ones on the way to the ship but the ride was very informative..Both there and on the way back home we had shuttle drivers that loved to talk about Seattle..We even got a few get shots of the Space Needle and I did get an awesome early morning sunrise picture of Seattle from our balcony before we left the ship..

More Seattle Reviews Seattle Port Profile Seattle Forum
Juneau
Whale Watching Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Weather was a little rainy but we did see whales..even managed to get a tail shot..we saw Stellar sea lions which was great we had not seen them before and a pod of Killer whales..got great photos of them..On the way back to the ship the tour driver,Bill,stopped by a lookout where we got to get off and take pictures with Mendenhall Glacier in the background..he then let us off in town to do a little shopping..It was a full day and we all loved Juneau..

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum
Skagway
Jewell Gardens Lunch Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Jewell Gardens was beautiful.Before lunch we had a tour of the gardens which was why I wanted to go here..They grow a lot of the vegetables they use in their lunch salads..Have their own special dressing and of course its a vegetarian lunch..which by the way..I AM NOT..lol..My husbands on the other hand is a vegetable freak so this was for him..I tried rhubarb chili..Found out I do not like rhubarb..He loved it..They also had a choice of vegetable quiche or a salmon quiche..I passed on these..For dessert they baked a sweet biscuit with a rhubarb sauce..I learned plants do grow different here because of their long days during the summer..They had some just huge cabbage..Took me lots of pictures here too..

White Pass Scenic Railway Rating: 5+ out of 5+
OMGosh this was by far the best excursion..The train is amazing and the ride is like being in a living picture..The air is so crisp and clean..The fog laying low over the valleys..I do not think you could take a picture that would truly capture the feeling of actually being there..I want to go again..now..lol..I know I just tried to freeze as many as I could into my mind..This ride will truly give you a once in a lifetime experience..

Yukon Suspension Bridge Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Coming off the train at the top of White Pass Summit we boarded a bus for a trip just alittle farther up the Yukon Highway to the Yukon Suspension Bridge..It's like you can see forever this high up..I can only imagine how small the gold miners felt up here..The bridge by the way is metal..I had wondered about that myself..The Tutshi River rushes below it and gives you all the thrill while the bridge its self feels very safe..Took great pictures here..They have a little gift shop and a place to buy hot chocolate or coffee..but it is not cheap..$3.75 for a small hot coco..but we splurged and enjoyed sharing a cup and enjoying the views..

More Skagway Reviews Skagway Port Profile Skagway Forum
Ketchikan
Wilderness Tour & Crab Feast Rating: 5+ out of 5+
This tour gets a 5+ for the crabs..They were so good..dipped in warm butter..It just poured down rain here so the wilderness tour was a wet one but hey we in Alaska can't let a little rain get in the way..It was still a nice boat ride and warm..A couple guys pulled crab pots and we learned a few things about them we did not know..We saw the Libbey Cannery and a very wet eagles nest..so they said..I just have to add while I am thinking about it..There are 79 steps from the top where the bus drops you down to the boats..They have a little landing about every 10 steps where you can catch your breath and believe me..AFTER eating the crabs these will come in handy..lol..It's an all you can eat lunch and the crew working are not shy about keeping your plate full..We really,really loved the crab..They have a cute little gift shop too where you can buy a shirt that says"I caught crabs at George Inlet Lodge" Ketchikan Alaska"..of course I had to have one..For dessert you get a big slice of blueberry cheesecake..then you get to climb the 79 steps to the top..Good Luck..

More Ketchikan Reviews Ketchikan Port Profile Ketchikan Forum
Victoria
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Just got off here to shop in the little gift shop right on the port..We came into port right about dark and there is not much to see after dark..We also had a very short port time..When we sailed last time we did do a city tour on a bus that was good..They had rabbits everywhere..that was kinda cool..I remember the town being so clean..I'd like to have had a longer daylight time in port..

More Victoria Reviews Victoria Port Profile Victoria Forum