Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > robbob1833's Port Reviews of Le Havre,, Dublin, Reykjavik

robbob1833's Port Reviews of Le Havre,, Dublin, Reykjavik
Destination: Transatlantic
Member Review: robbob1833's Jewel of the Seas Review
Le Havre
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We took a tour booked through cruise line to Beaches of Normandy. While it was an extremely long day it was very rewarding and interesting, Lots of emotions. Visiting the beaches was moving in itself but the American cemetery was overwhelming and so beautiful. I love that it is kept up so nice. We had lunch at museum, it was a bit disorganized but the food was very good and it did include some good wine.

More Le Havre Reviews Le Havre Port Profile Le Havre Forum
Dublin
Old Jameson Distillery Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We did the hop on hop off bus in Dublin. it was nice to see the city that way. We hopped off at Jameson Distillery and took our pre booked tour there. While it is a very nice looking building the tour was a bit disappointing. Mostly due to the fact it is not a working distillery only a tour. I think in Cork there is a working plant, but we choose to visit Kinsale while at the port and we are so glad we did. We did enjoy the sampling of Jameson at the end. We also enjoyed visiting The Brazen Head for lunch and beer, the oldest pub in Ireland!

More Dublin Reviews Dublin Port Profile Dublin Forum
Reykjavik
Blue Lagoon Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Absolutely loved this. Blue Lagoon is magical and really was everything I hoped it would be. I only wish we had blue skies that day, it would have been even prettier. It was a "zoo" upon arrival but our tour guide took us around the long lines. "Once again, very confusing to find changing locker and way out to lagoon, but once in Lagoon - heaven! Highly recommend. I do agree if you hear going under the water is not good for your hair, I did it and paid the price. Our tour guide was awesome. Even joined us in the Lagoon.

I LOVED the swim up bar.

Golden Circle Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Both tours we took in this port were amazing. The Golden Circle was quite long but great. No regrets. We enjoyed the Gullfoss Waterfalls, just beautiful but it does NOT rival Niagra Falls as they say it does. We visited the beautiful Thingvillir National Park, very fun walk. Very cold, dress warm! The Geyser area was very pretty but did not rival any geyser we have in CA. We had a nice lunch (seafood) and met some nice folks at lunch. Fantastic tour guide!

More Reykjavik Reviews Reykjavik Port Profile Reykjavik Forum