Member Reviews

Cruise Date: September 2012
Member Review: Thoc123's Carnival Destiny Review
Ocho Rios
Bobsled Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
It was pretty cool. Basically just like a small roller coaster going through the woods. No complaints but we would skip it the next time.

Dunn's River Falls Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
We didnt book this through the ship because we didnt think we would have time to do it with our other excursions. Once we were finished with the Mystic Mountain excursion, we paid $10 p/person and was taken by bus to Dunn's River Falss (which was literally around a corner and we could have walked, but it was very hot)The extrance fee was $20 p/p. the waterfalls were very pretty and they ran onto the beach which was unique for us. You have to watch out for the locals though. They attached themselves to you as soon asyou walked through the gates and they expected a tip for anything. I went to the ladies room and when I walked out, there was a lady sitting in a chair probably about 30 feet away and she said "my tip jar is over here" I asked her what I was supposed to tip her for and she said "I'm the bathroom attendant". I laughed and informed her that maybe she should attend to the bathroom then because someone had vomitted in it and there was no toilet paper in most of the stalls.Beware of the "free beads for your beautiful wife" they are NOT FREE! and when you exit the park, you have to walk through the "craft village" which is a bunch of huts with very aggressive people attempting to get your attention so you can buy their wares.

The waterfalls are worth it though, just practice saying "no thank you" about 1000 times.

Zip-lining Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
The tour guides were AWESOME and very funny. They were pranksters and if you didn't watch out, they would scare the crap out of you with some of the pranks. 1 of the best times we have had in a long time. I would HIGHLY recommend it.

More Ocho Rios Reviews Ocho Rios Port Profile Ocho Rios Forum
Grand Cayman
Stingray Swim Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We didn't book with the ship because we were told by friends who had just returned that there were many options on the dock to book excursions that were much cheaper than doing it through the boat.

By far one of the coolest things I have ever done was Stingray city and it is LOADED with stingrays. And they rub right up on you and swim around you. It's definately a must. All of the boat operators were very helpful and friendly.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum