Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > dalgirl's Port Reviews of Freeport, Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay

dalgirl's Port Reviews of Freeport, Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay
Norwegian Sky cruise in September 2012
Member Name: dalgirl
Cruise Date: September 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: dalgirl's Norwegian Sky Review
Freeport
The Garden of the Groves Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
DH was diving so I needed something to do on my own. I enjoyed Garden of the Groves - it is a lovely garden, not too large. Our guide was Marilyn, a delightful woman, very proud of the garden and she should be, it was beautiful. My only complaint was the "shopping" afterwards. Now I love to shop, but an hour at Port Lucayane was not fun - it was hot, same old stuff you see all over the Bahamas, etc. I would have prefered to return to ship.

More Freeport Reviews Freeport Port Profile Freeport Forum
Nassau
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We decided to walk the few blocks to the Hilton. For $55 each we got access to their beach, towels, umbrellas, etc. and a $30 food and beverage credit. It was a lovely beach, very pretty pool, and facilities. Not crowded, a quiet place to sun, swim, and relax. Food was good. Not for the kids, but for those trying to avoid the kids - it was great!
More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum
Great Stirrup Cay
Port Rating: Not Rated
After first experiencing this bland excuse for a beach 4 years ago, all I can say now is wow! $25 million buys a lot. The tenders to and from ship were great (as you board to return to the ship water squirts on your feet to remove excess sand!). The pavilion for the buffet is fantastic, well laid out with great food including grilled up ribs, chicken, hotdogs, hamburgers, etc. Lots of salad choices, sandwiches, etc. Plenty of seating under the pavilions - great job.

More beach areas to enjoy: Added chairs with 3 different "beaches." We bypassed the closest beach with the slide, band, etc. for a more quiet area. Go beyond that, and you really get the quiet - another beach even more remote to enjoy. For $30 we rented the chair "cover" to keep out the sun - this worked great for us - you can be on the beach, but sheltered and even feel "private" if that is possible. And don't bother to rent these in advance, there was a guy on the beach setting them up and taking your room key info to charge it, so you can do this at the last minute - just pick out whichever one suits you. And without spending anything, try the scattered around chairs in the shade, picnic tables here and there, and bathrooms with real facilities and even showers to rinse off outside. We were lazy and I never got to where the sting rays were kept, or the echo cruise, or the wave runners, or parasailing, or even the manmade snorkeling trail (DH did snorkel off the beach and it wasn't half bad he concluded). Can't wait to see what they do next. A really great beach day!

More Great Stirrup Cay Reviews Great Stirrup Cay Port Profile Great Stirrup Cay Forum