Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > SunFun&HappyPlaces's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan, Grand Cayman

SunFun&HappyPlaces's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan, Grand Cayman
Carnival Legend cruise in September 2012
Member Name: SunFun&HappyPlaces
Cruise Date: September 2012
Embarkation: Tampa
Member Review: SunFun&HappyPlaces's Carnival Legend Review
Cozumel
Horseback Riding Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Our guide was good, the wrangler with us was good. My husband hadn't ridden before, ever. I had not ridden in a long time, and anxious to see if I could do all right after recovering from a back injury (years prior), as was my girl friend who came with us. They matched up the horse's personality with the rider's skill very well, we all had a great time, and it was a beautiful excursion to take. I think most people who enjoy being in nature would enjoy this one.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Belize City is in a country that is developing having earned their independence from the British Empire. The port area was very nice, and Belizian people are more than friendly..they are sincere and warm and welcoming. The shops were clean and well stocked, the crafts were quality (outside the standard chain port stores), and we enjoyed shopping around.

We took the Xuantunich tour(lord I cannot spell that! But to say it, it sounds like Tuna-Sanwhich), and was VERY happy with the experience. Our guides were awesome and very knowledgeable and I felt lucky to have had them. Tour left on time and returned on time, and Belize is a beautiful country. It may yet be a poor country, but it is also not over-developed or over-commercialized. I hope to return there someday when I have more time to spend and enjoy it.

More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Roatan
Port Rating: Not Rated
This is a beautiful, high-mid range port of call. The shops are pretty much all your standard fare with the standard pricing for the region. There are a few shops that actually have something different and unique in them, but there could be more. The port area is beautiful, and the Mahogany Bay area with the chairlift and the beach are stunning. Again, it's pretty much your typical resort type area, but I will say that if you snorkle from the end of the small pier, you will see some nice coral formations, and a fair amount of fish. I liked it. At least until the French folks decided to have a cannon-ball festival off the end and tie up the steps to leave the water while doing so. That's not the port's issue, just be aware that not everyone there is with the cruises, and some folks have bad manners.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Grand Cayman
Beach Break Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
We were to have taken the Tiki Beach all inclusive tour, but it was chilly and rainy that day. Props for Carnival: They gave us the option of cancelling and doing something else, so we did. We walked around and shopped and explored, then took a local bus ride to visit the turtle farm and dolphin encounter, and see 7 mile beach and the local hot spots. Nice day. Not sure if we would go back to Grand Cayman unless we were having a warm sunny day. We got to see where the US Millionaires and Billionaires keep their money though, and that was interesting.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum