Member Reviews

Destination: Transatlantic
Member Review: Jammu2's Eurodam Review
Flam
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Since there's no Stavanger category, this includes Stavanger Norway and Flam Norway.

Stavanger is the more interesting port. We had a great day. Took the Stavanger Old and New excursion. We saw the King Harald sword monument, a viking long house, a tour of the city, a walk through the old streets, and the Oil and Gas museum which turned out to be very interesting!

In Flam we did the Flam Railway. It was good. If I go back I will just do a day hike. The scenery from the railway is gorgeous.

More Flam Reviews Flam Port Profile Flam Forum
Reykjavik
Ancient Ring of Fire Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Good overview of Iceland and you see a lot of different sites. Good tour of one of the geothermal power plants.

Golden Circle Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We overnighted there so were in port two nearly full days. We did both the Ancient Ring of Fire and the Golden Circle plus Horse Show. If you do the GC then make sure you get the one that adds the horse show because this really made the day. You get to learn about the Icelandic horses and see them up close.

There is some overlap of two locations on the two excursions but I did not mind that much.

More Reykjavik Reviews Reykjavik Port Profile Reykjavik Forum
Halifax
City Tour Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Super guide. I ended up liking the tour through the Public Gardens the best of the 10. But this is a great way to see Halifax for the first time visitor. It includes Peggy's Cove. I found the time spent there adequate so I'm glad I did not choose an excursion just to go out to Peggy's Cove.

More Halifax Reviews Halifax Port Profile Halifax Forum