Member Reviews

Cruise Date: August 2012
Member Review: demophon's Carnival Destiny Review
Ocho Rios
Beach Break Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We decided that we didn't want to do much for our excursion in Ocho Rios so we chose the Paradise Beach Club excursion. Since the announcement was made that excursions would get off the ship first, we chose the early start time for our excursion. The website lists that the excursion lasts 3 hours, but it actually goes as long as you would like. There was some confusion at the meeting point on the pier, but once that was sorted our the excursion staff was very professional and we enjoyed our time with them. The shuttle ride over to the beach was very quick and we were escorted into a gated portion of the beach and then walked a little ways to an area where some beach chairs had been laid out and a couple of tents were setup to serve food and drinks. The food was just BBQ fare, but the jerk chicken was delicious. I attempted to get my $50 in just the chicken. The beach itself was nice and the water seemed clean. We were directly across from the ship which provided a nice photo op. If I find myself on Ocho Rios again, I would not object to repeating this excursion.

More Ocho Rios Reviews Ocho Rios Port Profile Ocho Rios Forum