Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > angelsx22's Port Reviews of Belize City, Roatan, Costa Maya

angelsx22's Port Reviews of Belize City, Roatan, Costa Maya
Carnival Dream cruise in August 2012
Member Name: angelsx22
Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Member Review: angelsx22's Carnival Dream Review
Belize City
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Cave-tubing.com Best Tour ever! Our tour was not threw Carnival. We booked ATV-ing and Cave tubing threw www.cave-tubing.com we saved a bundle and had a great time! They were waiting for us outside the cruise terminal with a sign with my name on it. We got on the bus and were introduced to Speedo our tour guide! What a sense of humor this man has. He went out of his way to accommodate GM(grandmother 68) and her not being able to do the 1 mile hike into the jungle. The ones doing the ATV-ing got off the bus first. That was us. Boy was it muddy on the trail for the ATV's but so much fun. GM had a blast along with the rest of us. After the ride through the mud we rinsed off and got into a van and went to the national park for our cave tubing part of this excursion. (One tip don't wear cheap water shoes it's like walking barefoot) It was a one mile hike in the jungle to the cave. The path was all rocks it was not horrible but cheap water shoes don't help. We got to the river and the rest of the people from the bus were waiting for us. The water was cool and refreshing after the hike. There were tours from Carnival there also, our tour went further than theirs and at the end we were able to get out of the tube and swim. It was fabulous! After the tour we went back to the ATV place and had a snack of homemade tamales, they were really good. It was the first time I had ever had one. They don't take photos so remember to take a water proof camera. They will take photos of you with your camera. We had never done an excursion that was not booked with Carnival, so I was unsure of how it would be, but the reviews were right. If we were to go back to Belize again we would defiantly do this excursion again!
More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Roatan
Port Rating: Not Rated
(DH Dear Husband 49,TB the boys 12 & 13, DN Darling Niece 17)DH, TBs and DN were booked for zip line express with Carnival. Due to the change of port they needed transportation to the zip line express. Well that was not good TBs told me they were in the bed of a pick-up truck sitting on benches going up a steep mountain. They were not concerned with the welfare of my children and husband just on making a buck. (I was not thrilled to hear this and will be calling Carnival to complain about it.) The original port they would have had a ten minute walk to the zip line. As for the zip line adventure TBs DN and DH loved it. They had a blast. The company took photos of them on the line and DH did (the right thing) purchase the disk of photos.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Costa Maya
Port Rating: Not Rated
We did not book anything for this port just went to the cruise port center. There was a pool and lots of shopping and armed guards walking around. The pool was salt water DN was not happy with that and went back to the ship. Senior Frogs tried to sell us a photo for $18.00 and we could not agree on a lower price so we said no. There were many shops and one of the venders was trying to buy my (free) Carnival bag I got when I applied for a credit card, but I did not sell it to him. (I had too much stuff in my bag.) After spending some time taking photos and doing some shopping we went back to the ship to relax.

More Costa Maya Reviews Costa Maya Port Profile Costa Maya Forum