Member Reviews

Destination: Bahamas
Member Review: blondie11776's Carnival Fantasy Review
Nassau
Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day Rating: Not Rated
This excursion was well worth it, we ALL enjoyed ourselves- it was like paradise (if you go, follow the sandy path over the dunes and you will find an untouched paradise). Blue Lagoon was very clean and had good food- burgers, chicken, hot dogs, and veggie burgers. The pina coladas were great too :). My son snorkeled all day long and we didn't want to leave! Hammocks and Palm trees were plentiful, get a shady spot as soon as you get there- they will be taken quick! We also enjoyed the inflatable obstacles, although were hard for my 8yr old to pull himself out of the water onto as the water was deep here (life jackets provided). Once he got up on them, it was thrilling and fun!! This was truly a great island experience. Be aware of your time to return to the ship- they will leave without you!!

Dolphin Encounter Rating: 5+ out of 5+
The first stop in Nassau was great. We booked the Blue Lagoon/Dolphin Encounter excursion through an online site directly w/ Blue Lagoon and felt that this was a better choice than booking through Carnival- saved money and felt secure. The staff at Blue Lagoon was wonderful. From port, we took a taxi to Paradise Island Ferry Terminal and took a great Ferry/Catamaran ride to the secluded island which in itself was breathtaking, all the while island music playing to get you in the mood! This excursion was well worth it, we ALL enjoyed ourselves. The dolphin encounter was very educational and well-run. They were organized, and staff took great pictures that didn't cost an arm and a leg. The dolphins were happy to see us and really interacted with us- we touched them, rubbed bellies, danced, kissed and fed them. They seem very happy and well taken care of which made me very happy!

More Nassau Reviews Nassau Port Profile Nassau Forum
Freeport
Banana Boat Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Following a shopping trip to Port Lucaya, it was recommended to us by our taxi driver to go to Lucaya beach. The shopping was great, the beach (a walk from shopping behind the Police station) was not so great. The beach was narrow, crowded, and "dirty" with seaweed. The seaweed would wrap around my legs in the water. Some of the locals were a little obnoxious, however, was approached by a very nice young man from Ocean Motion Water Sports regarding a banana boat ride for $25 pp. My mom, disappointed w/ the beach and lack of shade, went back to the boat while my 8 yr old and I signed up for the banana boat. The boat driver took us and 5 others out to sea and then through millionaire row, the dolphin training center, and a pirate ship from Pirates of the Caribbean. We saw nurse sharks swimming below us in the crystal clear waters!! Then, it was a "crazy" ride back to the beach out in the open ocean!! Bouncing on the wake, going at least 15mph, we were flying!!! My son was laughing, I was screaming, it was exhilarating! Then....we flipped and were all bobbing out in the ocean, laughing. I was a little nervous, but we all made it back onto the banana somehow (if you are a really heavy person, this might be hard to do) and back to shore! I chose to bring my valuables on the boat rather than leave them on shore under a picnic table (manned by ocean motion staff) in a laundry basket- was not risking something being stolen. I was pleasantly surprised that my belongings stayed dry. The boat driver was constantly looking over his shoulder to make sure we were all okay and was very informative on the little tour we went on- giving us tips on how to balance the banana!! Overall, great experience for the $$!!!

More Freeport Reviews Freeport Port Profile Freeport Forum