Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > dtredy2go's Port Reviews of Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

dtredy2go's Port Reviews of Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel
Carnival Conquest cruise in August 2012
Member Name: dtredy2go
Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans
Member Review: dtredy2go's Carnival Conquest Review
Montego Bay
Horseback Riding Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Very enjoyable. We rode on trails and on the beach. We stopped, the saddles were removed, and we rode in an ocean pool. Very cool, once in a lifetime experience. The only part I didn't like was wearing the riding helmet. They didn't look very clean but I got over it.

More Montego Bay Reviews Montego Bay Port Profile Montego Bay Forum
Grand Cayman
Snorkeling Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Waverunner excursion to Stingray City and another snorkeling site. Waverunners looked brand new and guide was excellent. This was not a follow the leader, idle speed ride. He told us to spread out and have fun. Water was pretty rough but made it even more fun to jump the waves. I ran at speeds up to 32mph, did some spinouts, and crossed a lot of wake. I have been to Stingray City before but this was by far the most fun getting there.

More Grand Cayman Reviews Grand Cayman Port Profile Grand Cayman Forum
Cozumel
Port Rating: Not Rated
Docked at Punta Langosta pier. I prefer the Puerta Maya pier but I think they spread the ships out for the benefit of the shops. Several ships had trouble getting out of port on time due to Hurricane Isaac and cut short their sailings. This pier is nice and there are plenty of shops and restaurants. We waited for the rush to debark and got off the ship around 11am. We stopped by Carlos'n Charlies for an early lunch and a cool drink. We shopped for souvenirs and went back to the ship around 3pm.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum