Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > sunshine221's Port Reviews of Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, Victoria

sunshine221's Port Reviews of Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, Victoria
Destination: Alaska
Member Review: sunshine221's Carnival Spirit Review
Skagway
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
We rented a car and drove to Whitehorse, Yukon. We went to the visitor center and a salmon ladder. I recommend the MacBride Museum which we visited last time. Back in Skagway we walked through town. I like the stores that featured local products and did not have people with heavy selling like in the Carribean. Going back to the ship that afternoon was our only major rain of the whole cruise.

More Skagway Reviews Skagway Port Profile Skagway Forum
Juneau
Fishing Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
More watched than fished and didn't catch anything.

Mendenhall Glacier Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
I did the Nature Trail and Whale Watch and it was great -- we saw a bear and lots of whales including bubble feeding. It was a little pricy. This was a last minute decision and my alternative was to take the shuttle bus from the boat to the glacier, hike around and then go to the museums in town. If you do the glacier on your own make sure you find the boardwalks away from the visitor center on the far side of the parking lot - that's where we saw the bear.

Nature Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+

Whale Watching Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
I did the Nature Trail and Whale Watch and it was great -- we saw a bear and lots of whales including bubble feeding. It was a little pricy. The captain of the ship made sure everyone could see and take pictures and moved around the water to get the best views.

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum
Ketchikan
Rainforest Hike Rating: 2.0 out of 5+
Not impressive, we walked through a rain foresst and had a snack. I would have preferred to learn more of the native people.

More Ketchikan Reviews Ketchikan Port Profile Ketchikan Forum
Victoria
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Beautiful city - stop was too short and too late in the day to see much. We did walk from the boat to town and back.

More Victoria Reviews Victoria Port Profile Victoria Forum