Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > unculturedswine's Port Reviews of Juneau, Skagway, Victoria

unculturedswine's Port Reviews of Juneau, Skagway, Victoria
Destination: Alaska
Member Review: unculturedswine's Rhapsody of the Seas Review
Juneau
Mendenhall Glacier Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Glacier was gorgeous, my only complaint is our visit was an add on from the Whale Watching company and we only had 30 minutes there. There is a huge, beautiful waterfall about a 45 minute walk away that I would have loved to visit.

Whale Watching Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
It was awesome. I wish we could have stayed out a little longer, but I believe the duration is regulated by NOAA so I don't think that's gonna change.

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum
Skagway
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Skagway was cool, but it really is just a big tourist town. We walked down the main street and popped into a few stores and bought a few things. Store owners were all very friendly. None of the excursions really interested me (I'm not a big tour person), and then avg of $100/person wasn't helping either.
More Skagway Reviews Skagway Port Profile Skagway Forum
Victoria
Port Rating: Not Rated
Victoria was very fun. Lots of variety in the buildings and cultures, easy and fun to walk around, and the port/bay area had some fun shops and cool yachts. I really enjoyed it. We didn't do an excursion (So, no gardens, etc) but still had a good time just walking around the city. Very lovely place.

More Victoria Reviews Victoria Port Profile Victoria Forum