Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > Reva_Dearchi's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Roatan, Belize City, Costa Maya

Reva_Dearchi's Port Reviews of Cozumel, Roatan, Belize City, Costa Maya
Carnival Dream cruise in August 2012
Member Name: Reva_Dearchi
Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Member Review: Reva_Dearchi's Carnival Dream Review
Cozumel
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Cozumel - Paradise Beach - Pool was lovely but the beach was borderline murky so we stayed in the pool for the most part. It was $2 to get in and ask you as soon as you walk in, before you even see the beach, if you want to pay another $12 to use the water toys. Thank goodness my husband suggested we let them know later if we want to use the water toys because that water was not enticing at all so it would have been a complete waste if we had paid the $12 up front. One issue that would make me choose another beach the next time we go to Cozumel - they charged us a 25% tip for a party of 5 without even itemizing it on the bill. I just checked the total and it just wasn't adding up so i asked and was told the extra charges was the tip! I don't like that it was kinda underhanded, and sneaky and with all the beaches on Coz, I will definitely not go back to Paradise beach. Further, the food was not warm and rather dry. We typically go to Mr. Sanchos on Coz but wanted to try something new. I heard from another passenger that the beach at Mr. Sanchos was closed??? Not sure what that was about but I certainly will not do Paradise Beach again.

More Cozumel Reviews Cozumel Port Profile Cozumel Forum
Roatan
Port Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
Isla Roatan - my favorite port in this itinerary - We decided to go to the Mayan Princess Resort and it was beautiful. The pool was lovely, beach was very nice and the drinks were tasty. We avoided the food this time but had a great time here for a $10 cover charge.

We decided to just take a taxi to the resort and negotiated a price of $100 for 7 of us - round trip. What was great was that we were assigned a guide (LAURA, daughter named Julia) and she was fabulous. We ended up tipping her well for her excellent service and she hung out with us all day as part of her job as a guide! I apologize that I didn't get more info...such as the name of the zip lining place that was $45 for 45 minutes (18 lines). We negotiated 10 lines for $25 per person and it was a nice time for the 17 year olds but it was a bit much for me and my DF's husband. We had to make a nice little hike even after the truck ride up to line 9 and the fun of zipping was more on the uneventful side for me, after the first 3 lines. I can cross this off my bucket list.

More Roatan Reviews Roatan Port Profile Roatan Forum
Belize City
Port Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
Belize - We just hung out at the flea market area for a short time and then tendered back to the Dream for an afternoon of fun on the ship. Maybe we're missing something but we never liked stopping in Belize.

More Belize City Reviews Belize City Port Profile Belize City Forum
Costa Maya
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Costa Maya - We stayed at the pool area and ordered some pricey but good drinks from Sr. Frogs. It was a fun time and we danced in the pool and enjoyed the party atmosphere.

More Costa Maya Reviews Costa Maya Port Profile Costa Maya Forum