Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > andawaywego2's Port Reviews of Aarhus, Rostock (Warnemunde), Oslo, St. Petersburg, Helsinki

Emerald Princess cruise in August 2012
Member Name: andawaywego2
Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: Copenhagen
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Member Review: andawaywego2's Emerald Princess Review
Aarhus
Port Rating: 3.0 out of 5+
Our tour guide was very hard to understand and I was not that impressed with what we had to see. Maybe we took the wrong tour.

More Aarhus Reviews Aarhus Port Profile Aarhus Forum
Rostock (Warnemunde)
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Excellent, helpful guide named Ulf. Nice restaurant for lunch. Beautiful area and enjoyed every minute of it. Don't miss the historic church, St. Mary's, and the highlight was Schwerin Castle floating, it seemed on Lake Schwerin.
More Rostock (Warnemunde) Reviews Rostock (Warnemunde) Port Profile Rostock (Warnemunde) Forum
Oslo
Port Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
The Viking Museum was of great interest.

More Oslo Reviews Oslo Port Profile Oslo Forum
St. Petersburg
Catherine Palace Rating: 5+ out of 5+
I took a picture of our tour group's feet when they were wearing the booties. I told them to be sure and smile.

The Amber Room is something I had read about and to actually see it gave me shivers.

Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood Rating: 5+ out of 5+
The most beautiful mosiacs. The architecture is captivating.

Hermitage Museum Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Sooo much to see, and I got lost from my tour group.

Peter & Paul Fortress Rating: 5+ out of 5+
I was overcome when I saw the crypt of Czar Nicholas II and his murdered family. I had heard and read so much about them

St. Isaac's Cathedral Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Amazing experience. We are both unable to do much strenuous walking so we took a milder tour and missed some of the interesting places, but we were happy with what we saw.

St. Petersburg has the most amazing buildings, palaces and museums. Beauty and quality we have not seen before. Don't miss Catherine's Palace for a show stopper.

More St. Petersburg Reviews St. Petersburg Port Profile St. Petersburg Forum
Helsinki
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Don't miss the Rock Church. We were privileged to hear a concert pianist play, and the acoustics are amazing

More Helsinki Reviews Helsinki Port Profile Helsinki Forum
Stockholm
Port Rating: 5+ out of 5+
We took the least walking tour. The bus ride took us to all the important places and it is a beautiful city.

More Stockholm Reviews Stockholm Port Profile Stockholm Forum