Member Reviews
Home > Member Reviews > FunGranny's Port Reviews of Ketchikan, Juneau, Sitka, Victoria

FunGranny's Port Reviews of Ketchikan, Juneau, Sitka, Victoria
Destination: Alaska
Member Review: FunGranny's Oosterdam Review
Ketchikan
Fishing Rating: 5+ out of 5+
EXcellent tour. Everyone enjoyed it.

Lumberjack Show Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Lots of fun. I think our grandsons, who went on fishing trip instead, would have enjoyed it. Wish we had more time in Ketchikan.

Totem Bight State Park Rating: 5+ out of 5+
Ed, our driver and guide did an excellent job. He was very informative.

More Ketchikan Reviews Ketchikan Port Profile Ketchikan Forum
Juneau
Dog Sledding Rating: 1.0 out of 5+
Too much talking by guide, not enough time to interact with dogs, too short a ride, and overpriced. This tour was a disappointment. This was a land tour taken be daughter-in-law and grandson.

Helicopter Tour Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
This was a great tour that included dog sledding. Only wish we had more time on the glacier.

Mendenhall Glacier Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
Since we had already helicoptered to glacier, we went independently and had a very enjoyable time at the visitors' center and hiking the trails. The shuttle service was fine. The only problem I observed was at the glacier bus stop, some people who were there ten minutes before us and way before others arrived (they had just missed the last bus) almost didn't get a seat on the bus because late comers crowded in front of them. Maybe there should be some kind of "get a ticket" system there.

Trekking Rating: 5+ out of 5+
My son and grandson thoroughly enjoyed this excursion. It was the highlight of my grandson's cruise. It was a private tour with just them and a guide. I regret I do not know his name or the company's name as they reported that the guide was outstanding. The only consideration is that you must be in excellent condition as the long hike out after the long hike in and glacier climbing was a killer! They both had a super experience

More Juneau Reviews Juneau Port Profile Juneau Forum
Sitka
Kayaking Rating: 5.0 out of 5+
My daughter and grandson did this tour.They said it was lots of fun but very strenuous.

Wildlife Tour Rating: 4.0 out of 5+
The other five members of our family did this trip and enjoyed it very much.

They saw whales and eagles.

More Sitka Reviews Sitka Port Profile Sitka Forum
Victoria
Port Rating: Not Rated
The ship was late docking so we only had time to stroll the streets and shop. The city is charming and I wish we had more time. We would have liked to have done a horse and carriage ride.

The only negative was when I bought an ornament in a shop that accepted US dollars. The article cost $9.99 and totaled $11.14 after taxes and fees, When I went to give the cashier the exact amount, she said she didn't take coins, and my cost was $12. I gave her a ten and two one dollar bills. The woman after me had a $72 purchase and gave the cashier four $20 bills. The cashier said she didn't have change and would have to charge her $75 and gave the woman a $5 bill. Remember, I had just given her two $1 bills.

I don't know if any of the other shops did this as I did not purchase anything else in Victoria.

More Victoria Reviews Victoria Port Profile Victoria Forum